What's new

The Wild Geese: Region 1 Release ? (1 Viewer)

RickDeck

Auditioning
A Region 2 (PAL) edition of the 1978 actioner with
Richard Harris & Richard Burton is coming out at the end of the month... anyone know if a Region 1 DVD is on the
horizon ?

Thanks

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
No but if there isn't I'll buy from across the pond to play R2 PAL discs in my all region player, any specs on sound?

Edit: I found it's releasing the 31st, OAR 1.85:1(no details on it being anamorphic), sound monoural, run time 2H9M. Some commentary from Roger Moore(now Sir) who played Shaun Fenn. I was hoping for a minimum of stereo, price £11.99 plus shipping at amazon.com.uk

Randy Selz

Auditioning
Long time lurker here....I noticed that amazon.com are showing The Wild Geese with a Sept 27 Region 1 DVD release, from something called Tango Entertainment....I believe they are also releasing Zulu Dawn on the same day....

Does anyone have any further info on this? ...who are Tango Entertainment?

thx

walter o

Supporting Actor
Well they also have coming out ASHANTI, THE EXTERMINATOR, and released the Robert Altman show GUNS, lets hope they can put these out OAR.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I own a R2 copy of The Wild Geese that came out last year. It's anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1 I believe) and has a Roger Moore commentary as well as a few featurettes. Not sure what's different about the upcoming release.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The amazon.com review sounds like they ported over at least some of the extras from the R2 release (audio commentary and documentary on the producer).

Chris

RickardL

Supporting Actor
The Wild Geese (30th Anniversary Edition) (1978)

Hmm, why do they call it "30th Anniversary Edition"?
It is 3 years until 2008 last time I checked...
Well, 2 years and 3 months but anyway too far off.

Edit: I think it premiered in the UK in June 1978 so
lets make it 2 years and 8 months until it's 30th anniversary.

walter o

Supporting Actor
I assume reading the review of ZULU DAWN and WILD GEESE, both are time compressed as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
napasada
Recent bookmarks