What's new

THE WILD BUNCH on DVD (MERGED THREAD including current disc and possible SE) (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Alfredo Garcia, Columbia's longer cut of Major Dundee in the works & the box set will make this Peckinpah fan very happy. :D
BTW - any idea's what will be in the Box?
so far these seem obvious
Wild Bunch SE
Ride the High Country
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid - the long cut I hope
Ballad of Cable Hogue
Is it to much to hope for a remastered Getaway in this set?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Yup; I'm very happy indeed, you're probably about right with the box contents - a The Getaway SE would just about be the icing on the cake. As for Pat Garrett, this was posted in this forum around May time:

"I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but at the American Cinematheque retrospective of Sam Peckinpah it was announced that there would be a major box set of the films of Sam Peckinpah in 2005 by Warner Bros, including a new 2 Disc version of "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" including both the pre-release cut and a new cut based on the release version which will include newly found scenes. The scene where Pat Garrett walks to his house and speaks with his wife was mentioned. So add 'Pat Garrett' to the WB 2 disc list."

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
thanks John I wasn't aware of their plans re: PGABTK. A two disc set sounds fantastic. :emoji_thumbsup:

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
"It will also have that WB-made "featurette" about the making of the film that got an Oscar nom nearly ten years ago, but which has never been on DVD, just on VHS."

Roger, the documentary, An Album in Montage by Nick Redman and Paul Seydor is on the current DVD and always has been. I've been told that the new set will include a sequel to that documentary, also by Nick Redman.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
I forgot that it was on the existing DVD. Thanks for the clarification. I was confusing it with Nick Redman's piece about THE SEARCHERS which was on VHS but not DVD.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
The news about the work Warner is putting in on this Peckinpah box is outstanding. Plus it will probably be released for a very reasonable price as most Warner boxes are.

I absolutely love the Album in Montage documentary on the current Wild Bunch DVD, and I Hope it is retained on the new SE DVD. It was one of the first DVDs I bought, probably within the first ten. At that stage I had never seen the film in widescreen, and also I didn't fully appreciate how good quality extras could add to the experience of viewing a film. I am not referring to E.P.K. type things where the actors all say "working with person x was wonderful he/she has vision/stamina/nice hair" etc.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any updates on the postponed Peckinpah Box Set yet?

I was looking forward to this release so much when it was first announced and was so dissapointed to hear that it got pushed back. It's definitely among my most anticipated box sets that Warners got on the burner and I'm wondering if there's been any word on a new release date or what happened with this set?

Thanks.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No more news, AFAIK, it's still slated for February 2006.

I'm stil smarting from the fact that the proposed Jerry Fielding extras on recent 'Deluxe Edition' of The Getaway were not included. The last I heard, Warners were still intent on including The Getaway in the Packinpah box and I, for one, wouldn't mind at all if - should, whatever the problems were, be cleared up - they upgraded it to a two-disc to accomodate that material for that set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks