What's new

The Wicker Man 1973 U.S. blu-ray - 1/7/14 (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I see that it is listed as 88 min, so this is not the 100 min Director's version. Think I will pass.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I'm sure the specs are wrong and that this will be the new, 94m Final Cut, but only available singly given the price. To get the short version (88m) and the Director's Cut (100m) it seems you'll have to get the (excellent) RB package.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This is coming from Lionsgate of all people? The import is a bit pricey but it's really the only release that will be worth buying. The film has limited cult appeal - what could possibly be behind Lionsgate's decision to release this at a time when the studio has seemingly abandoned the idea of releasing anything remotely catalog? The odds are in favor of this being just another throwaway LG release with horrible cover art, 20 minutes of forced trailers and no extras. Plus there's no telling what their source material will be. No thanks.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Lionsgate is releasing The Wicker Man through the distribution deal they have with Studio Canal. It will likely be identical to SC's edition.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's Studio Canal, which distributes via Lionsgate in North America.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Worth said:
It's Studio Canal, which distributes via Lionsgate in North America.
and as all we really have at the moment is the Wal-Mart place holder, instead of a official announcement we don't completely know the specs.
I am ever the optimist that maybe we will get all three cuts in this release, fingers crossed. :)

Howard S

Stunt Coordinator
I was hoping this would upgrade the longer Director's Cut to HD (with the portions no longer existent on film upscaled), however surprised and sad to find that the SC blu-ray only contains this version of the film in SD, i.e. the same master as the previous DVD. Very nice to have The Final Cut, but this shortens/omits a few scenes throughout the film which appear in the Director's Cut.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll probably just keep my old wood box DVD version until we get a decent R1 release, or whatever this ends up being hits a dirt cheap price.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
This new version is currently in theaters. I've heard mixed things about It but the director is considering it the final version.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Russell G said:
I'll probably just keep my old wood box DVD version until we get a decent R1 release, or whatever this ends up being hits a dirt cheap price.
I loved my old wooden box version. However, both discs became unplayable due to disc rot. A friend bought the set at the same time (summer 2000, I think), and both his discs are unplayable as well...I just got the SC Blu, and it's great. As an ignoramus, I've always preferred the theatrical cut anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks