What's new

The Who's debut MY GENERATION hits SACD shortly... (1 Viewer)

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Shel Talmy just updated his official site with news on the CD/SACD release of The Who's MY GENERATION album, for the first time remastered from the original stereo master tapes.

"I'm pleased to announce that I've now done all the mixes from the 3-track tapes to stereo and mastered them for both CD and the new SACD (Super Audio CD) formats, and the source for the masters was the stereo mixes I did to half inch analog tape running at 30 IPS.

It will be a double CD package and is scheduled for release in late August/early September."

I knew this was coming, but it's nice to hear the announcement. The Who, the Stones and CCR... some good stuff coming to SACD it seems, and I hope this is the beginning of more of the same.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, this is huge! Could you post a link to this announcement? Thanks in advance.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
OMG, the Stones and the Who on SACD within 30 days of each other. Somebody tell The Beatles the gauntlet has been thrown down.(I know their stuff will likely be DVD-A, but let's get the hi res remasters rolling).

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Ron,
In the almighty words of Flounder from Animal House.
This is going to be great!
This is fantastically huge news. What a great couple of weeks.
Excuse me, I have to contact Paul McCartney and that witch Yoko...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredMediaSSI
Recent bookmarks