What's new

The Who, Live at the Royal Albert Hall (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Couldn't find anything via search...
I just stumbled across this. It seems there is a DVD out from the 2000 Who tour. I remember reading a rumor about this months ago but I never saw any official announcement. Release date was 9/25/01. DeepDiscountDVD has it for $17.99 (although out of stock at the moment).
And it's anamorphic and DTS.
N
[Edited last by Neil White on October 13, 2001 at 01:55 PM]

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
If you're a Who fan, grab it. Great anamorphic picture, thunderous DTS sound. The 2000 tour was a rejuvenation of the band, and this 2-disc set captures it pretty well. It's a charity show, so there some obligatory "guest stars," but most of the show is undiluted Who.
Very highly recommended.
Ryan

Neil White

Supporting Actor
And I just got through watching the Isle of Wight DVD. What a treat this new one will be in terms of better audio....

Dan B

Screenwriter
It's pretty darn good. The extras are nothing special, but the concert is very enjoyable. There is another topic somewhere, too. I highly recommend this DVD!
-Dan

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The audio mastering is at an unusually high level, but it's the Who, after all! :) This is a well-produced DVD of a very good rock concert. Zak Starkey really does a great job of driving those geezers! It's like dropping a new engine in a vintage automobile. It's not what it was when it rolled out of the factory, but it's a fun ride anyway.
wink.gif

Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Neil White

Supporting Actor
I saw these guys at their Dallas date in August 2000. I went with a friend who had seen them years ago. He was skeptical about how they would sound now time had moved on. He was blown away. I was seeing them live for the first time so I had no real reference point. But I too was stupified. I had a bad case of the flu which put the dampers on things for me a little but man, these guys still rock. And yes, Zak is a man possessed. I don't want to draw parallels to Moon but Zak added raw energy only last seen when Keith was still around.
Townshend seems to have stop worrying about his ailing hearing and has gone back to his electric roots. Daltrey was incredible.
Whoops - turning this thread into a Who review. Couldn't help it. Anyway, tough - it's my thread :)
Can't wait for this puppy to arrive in the mail.
N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks