The White Stripes: Get Behind Me Satan. First single: "blue orchid"

Discussion in 'Music' started by NickSo, Apr 20, 2005.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    for those who have not heard it, the first single, entitled "Blue Orchid" ROOOOCKS so much... Blazing guitars, a high pitched singign from Jack White. its craaaazy.

new white stripes, new coldplay.. this will be a good summer for music

2. Steve Felix

Steve Felix Supporting Actor

Tuesday's the day! I like "Blue Orchid" but it's about my 5th favorite song on the album, with "Red Rain" being my favorite at the moment. And the lyrics to "Little Ghost" are hilariously clever.

What an amazing run of albums they're having.

3. Bryan_P

Bryan_P Stunt Coordinator

I'm very much looking forward to picking it up.

I also need to get their first two albums eventually, right now I only have WBCs and Elephant.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

blue orchid is annoying in a cute kind of way. not for me. but i guess it's not the worst song i've ever heard....

5. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

The single is ok (to be honest, the song itself doesn't do much for me, but the guitar is great). The only White Stripes album I own is Elephant, and it's awesome, but I doubt I'll be picking this one up.

6. AricB

AricB Second Unit

I'm looking forward to checking out the new album. I like them all alot, but IMHO, I have liked each one progressivly less than the previous, I'm partial to the first 2 over the last 2 without a doubt. but they're not for everyone, a little more raw and less polished, but that is what i like about them, and also some riffs show up in later albums so i prefer the first for originality.

7. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

I heard Jack and Meg on NPR yesterday. Jack did most of the talking, and it was very interesting to hear him comment on the new CD and also about producing Van Lear Rose. He appears to be sincere and intelligent. He seems to know his way around any musical instrument he picks up, and does some great guitar riffs. However, I find the 'Stripes new CD annoying. Too many obnoxious noises and screeching off-key vocals for my taste.

Tom

8. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    Wow, the new album disappointed the hell out of me! What a bummer. Don't buy it expecting "Elephant."

9. DavidNighorn

DavidNighorn Stunt Coordinator

I haven't been able to stop listening to it! It is a wonderful world where tastes vary so widely among people.

To me this album is much more varied than Elephant yet Jack seems even more urgent and driven than ever. Meg's drumming seems to have devolved into beating the hell out of her kit with every beat. Deliciously garage-like!

To each their own - but I sure am please with this latest disc!

David