What's new

The West Wing Special Features (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
For anyone who owns The West Wing on DVD (any or all seasons available), how are the Special Features? I'm getting the sets within the next week, and while I'm getting it for the show itself, I would like to know how substantial the bonuses are.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
As is often the case, the first season special features are a bit better, since the creators have the ability to talk about the formation of the show. There are also, IIRC more one or two more commentaries on the first season set.

In general:

The commentaries are very good, usually consisiting of the episodes director and writer. Aaron Sorkin is intersting and the commentaries directly relate to the pictures on the screen. Into the second season actors start appearing in the commentaries.

Over the seasons the featurettes are intereting and well put togeather, with former presidents speaking about their time in the whitehouse. I think my favorite has got to be the one on (the fourth season I believe) about the first ladies.

In general a well put togeather series of sets. If you've seen the ER sets I would say they have an equal or greater number of special features to that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks