What's new

The West Wing - 3/7/02 (1 Viewer)

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone watch The West Wing last night? As a Canadian I always find it very odd when there is any mention of Canada in any type of American cultural product. The last five minutes of West Wing was all Canada, with the flags and the national anthem - I think they even played the anthem twice, once with words and once without. I'm not quite sure if us Canadians were getting bashed really hard or if it was some kind of weird form of affection, the whole thing was quite amusing. I was just wondering if anyone knew any reason why the show would suddenly have this burst of Canadiana. Is there a Canadian writer or actor on the show?

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I don't think the episode took a stand on the controversial issue of Canadians this time.:) Just some humor with the depressed Donna -- not a statement from a patriotic Canadian writer, as far as I know.
By the way, this show has been exceptionally sharply written lately. At the beginning of this season it was starting to drag, but I now consider it must-see every week. It's a bit too heavy on the comedy perhaps (though the comedy is working better than ever); however I like that it can sustain that element, even with all the MS baggage it has, while still pushing the serious plotlines forward. This quality is what is lacking in a certain other show that has an eternal thread on this forum.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I just figured this episode was written under the influence of 'shrooms. Very disjointed, very ADHD. Marberry is a mere caricature at this point, ogling the first lady's breasts [WTF??]. The 'gals' getting drunk then sobering back up in a 15 minute span? Playing the Canadian anthem over the ending?

Half expected Marberry to go all 'Kids in the Hall' when the anthem started and toss the first lady up on a banquest table and 'roger her roundly, ole chap.'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks