What's new

The West Wing 2/27/02 (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
What, no West Wing thread?! Here it is! :)
I thought last nights episode was really well done. I loved the whole chess angle, especially since I was teaching my mother how to play yesterday. I kind of had chess on the mind so it was fun to see it in the show.
And the whole subplot of Charlie and CJ pulling pranks on each other was very funny.
"I dont want to know what he's gonna find in his filing cabinent!" ;)
Was that part about the town in New Hamshire that has correctly picked the next president since way back when true? I'd never heard that before... or if I had, I forgot.
Brian

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Agreed a good episode. I don't know about the particular town they used, but there are various little towns are have predicted the elections quite well.
I particularly like the chess games as metaphors for the events taking place in the epsiode.
"Take your time. Look at the whole board. Think happy thoughts." :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The real town that votes just after midnight in the NH primary is Dixville Notch. In 2000, Bush won the GOP primary there, and Bradley won the Democratic primary. Dixville Notch has correctly chosen the GOP nominee since 1968. Obviously they need to start a new streak on the Dem side. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks