The Werner Herzog Collection - Aug. 3rd

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Marc Colella, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Anchor Bay did a nice job on the Herzog/Kinski collection, so the upcoming Werner Herzog Collection should be nicely done as well.

Can't say that I'm a fan of Even Dwarfs Started Small, the other films are top notch.
    I can't wait!

According to DavisDVD.com

2. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

Sweet! I already got the Herzog/Kinski collection and it's great. I'll be picking this one up. [​IMG]

3. richardWI

richardWI Second Unit

I've purchased all of these individually and those that haven't seen them are in for a real treat. Every commentary track is solid gold and the picture quality can't be beat.

My Lessons of Darkness DVD had Fata Morgana as a bonus disc. Is it included here?

4. Planet_jake

Planet_jake Extra

Even Dwarfs Started Small is actually probably my second or third favorite Werner Herzog. The scene where the dwarfs begin to throw chickens through the window of the front office of the asylum, and the substitute principal must begin chasing and retrieving them is one of the great, beautiful, eerie scenes in all of cinema... imo.

In any case since I already own Even Dwarfs Started Small I'm not sure where I stand on it. I certainly want all the other films presented on this box set. Are these all the Herzog films Anchor Bay has the rights to?

5. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

The Anchor Bay website lists Fata Morgana as being included as well.

Just sold all my individual copies on ebay to make room for this set. The Herzog/Kinski box is a beauty.

6. Drew Reiber

Drew Reiber Supporting Actor

YES!!!!! I was waiting for word on a second collection, as the first is just terrific! More box sets, Anchor Bay, please!!!

7. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Oops. I made a typo and forgot to list Fata Morgana in the news post. Thanks for the heads-up.

8. Drew Reiber

Drew Reiber Supporting Actor

There usually isn't with AB's repacking sets. Once Upon a Time in Italy and The Herzog/Kinski Collection were fantastic because I didn't have any of the films prior and it made it easier and affordable. I've been waiting a long time to find these cheaper, as AB doesn't usually drop their prices on older titles.

Also, those who got the 2-disc of Herzog's Nosferatu when it came out get an advantage over the Kinski set because they are all single disc editions. Hopefully an Argento box set is next....

9. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Anyone else get their boxset?

Did eveyone else notice the Enigma of Kaspar Hauser didn't have the title in the spine? I found that odd.

I was thinking about throwing the cardboard case in the closet and just storing the slim-cases with the rest of my DVDs. It's crappy to have a case without a title in the spine.

10. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Already had almost all of these. Even Dwarfs Started Small and Stroszek are two of Herzog's best, 2nd only to Aguirre in my mind.