The Weekend so far

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DonnyD, May 26, 2002.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I worked especially hard this week so I could have 5 carefree days to enjoy my new Yamaha Waverunner at the lake. This friend of mine who has 2 Sea-Doos usually goes and he had a friend come down for the weekend and to let him ride one of his boats. Friday night, on our way back from the lake, his truck overheated and we found that it was his waterpump. THEN.... I find that he has been nursing this thing along for a month and delaying a fix and had "forgotten" to add any water that he KNEW was leaking out. Dead truck with Sat, Sun and Mon coming up.....

Sat Morn, we hustled around and got another friend to pull his boast up to the lake and all of a sudden, there were 4 people and 3 boats...... We were on the water for an hour and the guy with the seadoos said his boat wouldn't run and had to be pulled in.... we checked it and it ran just fine but he insisted that it was cooked so we pulled everything out of the water and went home. DULL, Dull, Dull.....

This poor guy is just ridiculous.... he buys the best stuff but he won't take care of it. He absolutely won't do any maintenance regardless of how simple it may be. Then it never seems to bother him that it screws up someone elses plans to have to put up with his broke down crap. He was this same way when we all had dirtbikes and then four-wheelers.

Yesterday just plain sucked. It wouldn't be so bad if it was something that just happened but his problems seem to be continuous. There is no telling how long it will take him to get this stuff fixed.... and he doesn't work!!!

Sorry about the rant gang.... I just hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. I will probably end up at the lake by myself the next two days......

2. AviTevet

AviTevet Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

update:

The weekend got even worse......

Sunday, the rain set in so this same guy (who had a broke truck and seadoo too) says we have an invite to the river by a bud of his so off we went..... 2 hour drive to the river. Got there.... absolutely no activities going on and as a matter of fact, the guy who reportedly invited us up was surprised to see us and had no intention of launching his boat for the day. Go figure... looks like I was duped into being a taxi for the weekend again.

Then today, I am up at dawn cleaning my house and getting my stuff all together for the lake. Go over to my buddy's house and he's sitting around not even trying to get anything together or get ready for the lake. I even changed the plugs on his seadoo (which were fine) and it started right up. Around 10'ish, he calls another friend to borrow a truck to pull the boats but now at almost 2 pm, I have just given up... He actually asked me to leave my NEW boat at home and pull his up there. No lake today so I am here at home, alone, with my other hobby .... my home theater.......

This just sucks how some people can be. They don't care if their screwups and stupid lack of maintenance affects anyone else. I bought my boat just to get on the lake and have fun but looks like I will do it alone......

I always get kidded about how particular I am about my stuff but I have to say, it always performs and is ready beforehand.