What's new

The Weakest Link (Star Trek special) a riot (1 Viewer)

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
It was a fun episode which had me laughing out loud. Particularly when Ann asked Will Shatner if he is famous for a particular scene. Shatner said yes, came to Ann and tried to kiss her, saying afterward: was it good for you? I think it was a set up, but still funny.

The Wesley (sp.?) guy was really annoying. He pretended it was a play act at the end but I guess he was really a jerk.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I was disappointed... I wanted a full hour of Shatner being Shatner. :)
Actually, from what I've heard, Wheaton's a pretty grounded guy, and I'll buy that he was putting on an act by the end - for these celebrity ones, Ann seems to be willing to play along.
Did anyone else think that the shot Roxann Dawson took at him seemed odd, since she seemed to be flirting earlier?
Anyway, I hope they get back to regular contestants soon. The celebrity ones are kind of fun, but Ann doesn't scare them, and half the fun of the show is Ms. Robinson intimidating people.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Jason, I must respectfully disagree. The only time I have watched the show is the celebrity versions. The "regular people" versions bore me. There's no reason for her to be mean to them. But seeing her dis the celeb's is great!

I think the celebrity version has become a game of "Who can break Ann up!" Ben Stein did it, and I'm not sure who else. Of course, we might not know, with the video editing they do!

Mohsen Sadeghi

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else think that the shot Roxann Dawson took at him seemed odd, since she seemed to be flirting earlier?
I thought Roxann’s anger was phony and ridiculous. I mean, come on, did she really think that the guy was hitting on her on national TV?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the show, and was amazed how often they were able to bank larger than usual amounts. Congratulations to Levar Burton's charity, Junior Achievement.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Does anyone remember what was Levar Burton's last question and answer? I missed it!
Great show! Probably the best celebrity Weakest Link I've watched up to now. Shimerman, Picardo and Burton all had a lot of class. De Lancie was booted off too quickly to actually get an idea of his off-air personality. Wheaton was just as obnoxious as the character he played in the series and should have been voted off as soon as he started to be annoying. Crosby and Dawson were pretty much ordinary although I remember one of them missing out on a chance to bank a chunk of change before time ran out. And Shatner? His overactive libido is not all that unusual for someone who comes from Montreal. We're all sex maniacs over here! :D

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
I can't remember the exact phrasing of the question, but it went along the lines of "What term, derived from Latin, is used to describe conditions, events, etc. in the U.S. prior to the American Civil War?" Levar looked like he wasn't going going to be able to answer it, but then got it right before the time ran out: Antebellum.

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
I'm no huge fan of TV, and from what I've heard, "Weakest Link" is another show I'd have no interest in, but I do kind of wish I'd seen it, just to see what you all are complaining about with Wil Wheaton's appearance. I recently stumbled across his website, and from everything I've read on there, he's hilarious, very grounded in reality, and not at all "Wesley Crusher." It's a shame so few people seem to be able to seperate the actor from the part, especially where Wil/Wesley is concerned.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
That was one of the funniest 'Weakest Links' I've ever seen, probably because of my familiarity with the ST Franchise in general. When I first turned on the tellie I thought that Shatner was hosting, just because he has that 'game show host' vibe. His moment with Ann was brutally funny, the guy was all class.
I didn't think that Weaton was funny. He was trying to hard to be 'a presense,' so his spontaneous replies came off as rude... then, not wanting to backpedal, he ran with it and came off as a jackass. :) If he hadn't tried so hard initially, he would have probably done a better job.
Joseph

Rob T

Screenwriter
I neevr watch that show, but I couldn't resist last night because of Shatner. He was great as always. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'm not sure why they're bothering.

Back to the show, it WAS a riot! Also, did they say that the amount they won was some kind of record? I taped it, so I can check at some point. Also, did anyone else notice Ann "beam out" just after the closing credits started?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
De Lancie was booted off too quickly to actually get an idea of his off-air personality.
Now, I can't say this is conclusive, but the one time I saw John DeLancie in person, he was very rude. This was a Star Trek convention in 1990, and he didn't want to sit and wait for the autograph line to pass by. He went down the line and signed quickly instead of waiting for everyone to come to him. Also, a friend that I went with was riding in the elevator and happened to notice he was in there, too. She said, "Oh, I didn't recognize you!" and he replied something like "You're the first one." I got the impression he really did not like being at this convention. Admittedly, he might have been having a bad day or something else was going on in his life. Just my two cents.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I loved it!

Wil Wheaton was so hilarious.

"Pretentious Wil"

I wanted more Shatner though..

He's my hero!

Will this episode re-air?

Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks