What's new

The Wayne Brady Show (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Well, I missed it last night (8/8/01). Who saw it and what did you think? I love "Who's Line," so I was looking forward to it.
Peace,
DM
------------------
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."

David Oliver

Second Unit
I really liked it. The guy is immensely talented. They did some improv and some rehearsed skits and he did some singing and dancing....and the guy can bring it. I do think it will work better as just a half hour then the hours worth they showed last night.
"Who's Line Is It Anyway?" may be the funniest show on TV, BTW.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The guy is really talented. I can see why they gave him his own show. His show works well especially with spontaniety. Just a musical genius also.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Mike Galvez

Auditioning
Retro-style television (something out of the '80s) that just didn't work that well. I really liked Brady on "Whose Line", but the rehearsed skits on this show were pretty lame & the dancers.
rolleyes.gif
Spam with cheese chunks.
Even the improv was not up to snuff, the piece with Darryl Hammond was particularly agonizing. The bar was set with "Whose Line", so it was tough to watch the mediocre quality of Brady's show.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I didn't see the episodes last night (I was watching the Astros beat the Braves in a 12-inning thriller on ESPN :)), but I taped them and am looking forward to watching them. He is really talented. I saw him live in April doing his improv show with a couple other improvers, and it was great. He deserved his own show IMO. As long as he doesn't leave Whose Line.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I agree with Mike. My wife and I marvel at how talented Brady is and we both wanted to like his new show - it's just too forced and too retro. It felt like the Gong Show crossed with Solid Gold. The guy has so much improv talent that I was hoping to see more of that.. instead we get limited improv and some skits that made SNL of the early 90's look like genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks