What's new

The War of the Worlds (1953) possible Blu-ray release? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My Mit 65738 DLP TV that only does 1080 and has been ISFed, will it show different colors for broadcast TV and different colors for discs?
Depends on the broadcast. My discs frequently look different than broadcasts.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also check out the WOTW thread in the streaming section for more info on how new sound effects were not added

GregK

Screenwriter
So it’s your opinion then?

No, it's not my opinion. I've listened to the 5.1 track and then listened to the same section with the mono track. Many sound effects found in the new 5.1 mix often disappear in the original mono mix. And they weren't there in the previous remixes. If you're familiar with the original mix, it'll likely stick out. If the added effects don't stick out to you, (and I mean this with no sarcasm intended) no worries and whatever works for you. For me .. and I hope you give me the same courtesy .. I'd prefer they include the mono track and even the previous remix, along with the new souped up 5.1 version.

GregK

Screenwriter
btw- Thanks for mentioning the thread in the streaming section, as it's good to see others quickly caught this issue as well. (And the poor imdb reason given by someone there doesn't fit at all, and is typical of an imdb posting) For me, even on my first listen it was hard not to miss.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Again, unless you can provide proof such as an official link stating new effects were created, it’s all opinion. Everyone’s ears are different.

Let’s just leave it at we agree to disagree.

Except on the film itself which is a classic.

Cheers. :)

GregK

Screenwriter
Again, unless you can provide proof such as an official link stating new effec:)ts were created, it’s all opinion. Everyone’s ears are different.

Let’s just leave it at we agree to disagree.

Except on the film itself which is a classic.

Cheers.

I would then recommend doing a comparison yourself and you'll quickly discover it is not an opinion. That's proof.

Agreed- the film is a classic.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
. I'd prefer they include the mono track and even the previous remix, along with the new souped up 5.1 version.
This I agree with 100%. I would love to also own a physical copy.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This I agree with 100%. I would love to also own a physical copy.

Agreed. Paramount should reconsider and offer these 4k titles on disc. Even if it’s an online purchase option only.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Not opinion. It’s a fact.

New foley was done on this film.

Straight from the mountains mouth!
Well there you go! Damn these ears!;)

Do you know to what extent and why Bob? Was it just for the UHD streaming versions?

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Either version.The first one was great, but the second edition was much brighter and of course it showed the wires much more.The view of Mars at the beginning was Red/Orange in the first DVD, the second one was brighter Red/Oranger and the TCM version was BLUE.

My Mit 65738 DLP TV that only does 1080 and has been ISFed, will it show different colors for broadcast TV and different colors for discs?

Thanks in advance for checking this out.

John, I no longer have the DVD. But, I sampled the beginning on iTunes last night. Mars does indeed look blue/green, until around the last second or two of the zoom, when some areas look pinkish. I didn't notice this the first time I watched it over a year ago, and I don't have anything for comparison. I believe you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks