What's new

The War At Home (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Ugh. This was terrible, apart from a couple of good lines. Michael Rapaport may be a good film actor, but is woefully miscast as a sitcom lead. And Kyle Sullivan is as annoying as he was on Malcolm in the Middle, maybe more. But if you like racist and homophobic jokes, have at it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was expecting much worse. It'll never rank among the greats, but for a show that has absolutely no qualms about slumming it, I had a pretty good time. Fox has aired far worse.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I was thinking to myself, "It's 2005 and they're still doing watered-down All in the Family?" Or, if you will, watered-down Married with Children, or any other dysfunctional family series of the post-Cosby era.

Does anyone else consider the "TV dysfunctional family" a cliché?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I just had the channel tuned to Fox and had read a negative pre-premiere review, but that laugh track was a killer, especially tied to a bad joke.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I thought I flipped on one of those cheesey coffee commercials that was making fun of sitcoms. I don't drink coffee so switched the channel. :)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
The only reason I watched it was precisely because of its strategic position between "The Simpsons" and "The Family Guy". Horrible show. I wonder how long it will be before the slot is filled with "The Simpsons" repeats.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I caught a bit of Rappaport plugging the show on a talk show. He didn't sound too convincing. I guess we know why.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
new plan:

tape King of the Hill at 7:30

Start Sunday viewing at 8:00 with The Simpsons
watch tape of King of the Hill at 8:30
Watch Family Guy at 9:00
American Dad at 9:30
Six Feet Under at 10:00

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I just caught a few minutes of this on Fox tonight. It was like a car accident... I didn't want to look but it was hard to look away. I really got the impression that it was trying to be like Titus but Titus actually kept me rolling through each episode. I must say that the actress who plays the daughter was pretty attractive at least. The rest of the show was pretty bad so I switched over to a rerun of Scrubs. Man I miss Titus...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I think we're going to go back to the days of not being able to launch a hit show inbetween The Simpsons and whatever's at 9:00, which used to be Married with Children, then X-Files; until King of the Hill premiered a long, unbroken string of flop shows occupied the 8:30 time slot.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Wow, this show has either changed a lot or I have completely different taste from all the posters on this thread!

I have been watching this show for the past few months and I think it's hilarious! The episode where Kenny the neighbor comes out of the closet was very funny. Am I crazy? Surely others must like the show because it's been on longer than all the posters here predicted.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't have any illusions about there being an ounce of originality in this show, but I find it watchably funny. It's certainly not the worst sitcom around these days.

Missed the one where Kenny comes out. His secret crush on Larry was a good running gag.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Yeah, I never saw it in it's first season, so I wonder if it's improved a lot. All 3 kids are funny to me, and the wife isn't bad to look at. The dad grew on me and the rare times when he shows some heart works for me.

I guess I don't analyze if a show is original or not. If that were the case then I wouldn't watch hardly any hour long shows since they are almost all about crime or a hospital - or better yet, crime in a hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks