What's new

The Walmart $5.50 hookup and Evolution DVD questions. (1 Viewer)

Adam_R

Second Unit
So, I just got back from the $5.50 bin, and much to my happy suprise, I found Evolution and Trading Places.

Both are anamorphic widescreen and DD 5.1.

Evolution also feaetures a DTS track. NICE!

My question is this: Are new pressings of Evolution still being made? The one I picked up has the annoying litle locking tabs on the DVD case. I though those things were pretty new. Too new to show up in the $5.50 bin.

Any thoughts?

Any comments on the quality of the DTS track?

Thanks!

BTW - If anyone is in the Virginia Beach area, the Walmart I found these at is the Red Mill Commons one on Nimmo Pkwy.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Personally, I like the tabs if it means that the DVD I just bought doesn't have those annoying security stickers along the side and bottom of the case.

Adam_R

Second Unit
More greats in the $5.50 bin today.

Toys :emoji_thumbsup: I love this film!

Total Recall: Special Edition

Top Secret!

John*P

Second Unit
For you 80s fans, Short Circuit and St. Elmo's Fire are in the $5.50 bin as well. Both are OAR, and Elmo's has extras.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

I haven't heard about this, but it made me think of something else 'bin - related'.

I was in Wal*Mart last week, and evidently had gotten there just after a new load had been placed in the bin. It was so full, I couldn't look through it without a stack of discs falling to the floor. I told one of the 'associates' behind the electronics counter of my dilemma and asked if they could get a second bin for the overflow ... said he'd pass the word to the right person, but couldn't guarantee anything ..:frowning:

I know those DVD's are 'loss leaders' but it's getting out of hand.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Just stack 'em on the floor- if they're dumb enough to display them like that, they will have to deal with people making a mess of it. I saw some people bring a cart over and put discs in there too.

MikeSelis

Auditioning
I have many times taken a cart with me (even though I would not need it for my purchases) to the dvd bin for the purpose of sorting through the dvds. Often times, I end up having a stranger ask to use my cart and we both "organize" the bin when we are done. We place the dvds with the tops facing up in rows... Why my local Walmart does not organize the bins better is unlclear.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I remeber when we first got the bargain bin - We had a 5 x 5 or larger setup that was almost always overfilled and just really hard to check-out. Now at one they switched the bin into a giant wooden case by the check-out aisle while the other local Wal-Mart still is in bin form.

I need to get Toys! Mine does not have it yet.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks