What's new

The Walking Dead - Season Two (2 Viewers)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Spoke with a DISH rep today, asking about the AMC dispute.
Apparently I have to watch "The Walking Dead" through Amazon. They're sending me some sort of cable to connect my laptop to their receiver.
Still will reimburse me $2.00 per episode, plus they dropped my monthly bill $5.00 for the inconvenience.
They were listed #1 as one of the worst companies recently, but I've been with them over three years and would rank them #1 in customer service. Any problems I had were immediately taken care of with no charge. I burned through three receivers (my fault, not allowing enough ventilation so they overheated) and at least five remotes that my puppy chewed up (I've finally learned to put them somewhere out of her reach).
I've actually got two or three spares now, they'd just send me new ones at no charge.
Looking forward to "The Walking Dead" when I get the proper hardware in the next week or so. Could probably watch it through AMC's website, but would prefer to see it on a bigger screen.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, Stan, the long national nightmare is over. AMC is back on Dish.
http://tvline.com/2012/10/21/amc-dish-network-resolve-dispute/

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched the season-two opener last night with my eldest daughter. She introduced me to the show. It was the last two episodes from season one (Wildfire and TS-19) that got me hooked on this series. And let me just say that this is without doubt the most graphic television series I have ever seen.

I thoroughly enjoyed What Lies Ahead. The scene with the herd of walkers moving about while the survivors are rushing to hide under vehicles was really filled with a lot of tension. And later, when Andrea is discovered moving about in her hiding place, my daughter was yelling at the screen, telling Andrea to hush up. ;)

During the first ten or fifteen minutes of the episode, my daughter and I were talking about how Amy died a couple of episodes ago and how viewers invest their time and emotions in certain characters. (We are both huge fans of Dark Shadows, Lost, and Once Upon A Time, among other shows.) I told her (jokingly) that if they really wanted to make some viewers angry, they would kill off Sophia and Carl. ;) Needless to say, when Sophia goes missing, I was kind of wishing I hadn't said that. And then we get what happens to Carl in the final seconds of the final scene. I couldn't believe it. This is one of those shows that when a scene ends, I find myself saying (yes, out loud) 'please don't be the end!' Had it not been after 1 a.m., I would have move right on to the next episode.

Note to Travis: I'm guessing that Daryl is the character that you said viewers really like and that I would soon meet? I agree. After really wanting to punch him a few times when he first appeared in season one, I have grown to like (and respect) him quite a lot. And I'd much rather have him on my side than against me. And speaking of Daryl, I really like the actor (Michael Rooker) that plays his brother. I've seen him in other things and I really like him. Every time the credits roll in the beginning of an episode, I'm looking intently for that name. I know he'll come back eventually. It's kind of amazing what he did to escape his fate in season one!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We watched Bloodletting and Save the Last One last night. (Well, I did -- my daughter was sneaking in a few episodes from season three on her computer while I was watching episodes from season two.) ;)

I want to watch the second episode I watched last night again. I need to see Andrea's reaction to what is eventually decided to do with the hanging walker and I also want to see the scene where her gun is returned to her once more.

The dialogue during a couple of scenes was quite squeamish for me. I'm thinking of the scene where (I think) someone says it's better to let Carl die than to go what he's going through. I think another of the lines that hit me the hardest was when a comparison was made to the death of Amy. I can't recall who said it, but I think it was Lori to Andrea -- and she quickly apologized for the untimely remark.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We watched four episodes tonight. Two were repeats (What Lies Ahead and Save the Last One). We also watched Cherokee Rose and Chupacabra. Some of my other daughters watched a couple episodes with us tonight as their older sister has been talking to them about Sophia. So of course when I saw the opening to Chupacabra and saw Sophia (and she looked fine) I was thoroughly confused. I forgot about the flashbacks. ;)

I also wanted to mention that I like the opening theme music to this series. I'm rattling off the chord changes to my oldest girl (she plays guitar and piano and she loves to talk harmony with me) in between zombie attacks. ;) She really wants me to get to episode seven of season two for some reason. Since I am being good about spoilers, I don't yet know what she's talking about. But I'm sure I'll like the episode once I see it. :) It was also nice to see Merle tonight, even if he was only a hallucination. Incidentally, what I've been reading about the eventual spinoff to this series also looks quite interesting.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ockeghem said:
We watched four episodes tonight. Two were repeats (What Lies Ahead and Save the Last One). We also watched Cherokee Rose and Chupacabra. Some of my other daughters watched a couple episodes with us tonight as their older sister has been talking to them about Sophia. So of course when I saw the opening to Chupacabra and saw Sophia (and she looked fine) I was thoroughly confused. I forgot about the flashbacks. ;) I also wanted to mention that I like the opening theme music to this series. I'm rattling off the chord changes to my oldest girl (she plays guitar and piano and she loves to talk harmony with me) in between zombie attacks. ;) She really wants me to get to episode seven of season two for some reason. Since I am being good about spoilers, I don't yet know what she's talking about. But I'm sure I'll like the episode once I see it. :) It was also nice to see Merle tonight, even if he was only a hallucination. Incidentally, what I've been reading about the eventual spinoff to this series also looks quite interesting.
Yes, watch the episode your daughter mentioned ASAP!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Why did they have to do that? Seriously. That was a rhetorical question, but still. I'm kind of numb, and so are some of my family members. If this is how the series is going to go, I'm not certain I'm in for the long haul.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I gotta say that the death of Sophia is probably the darkest moment of the series because it's the first really horrible thing that happens to the characters in the series. After that, viewers are more ready for anyone to be killed off. I can only imagine that people fully expected them to eventually find Sophia alive and well (what kind of sick show would kill off a little girl?) so when they don't, it's a gut punch.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ockeghem said:
And speaking of Daryl, I really like the actor (Michael Rooker) that plays his brother. I've seen him in other things and I really like him. Every time the credits roll in the beginning of an episode, I'm looking intently for that name. I know he'll come back eventually. It's kind of amazing what he did to escape his fate in season one!
Funny how we can all have such different opinions. I think Michael Rooker (Merle) is the worst character they've brought onto the show. He's a decent actor, but I just don't care for the Merle character.

Looking back a few posts earlier on this thread, I posted something October 15, 2012. I'm completely retracting that statement. DISH and I are at war, they're a horrible company. Switched to their "triple play" Phone/Internet/Satellite package in June. A little late to the party, but I finally switched to HD, so needed a new dish installed. During the process, my phone service was completely screwed up, rarely received incoming calls, no notification if there was a voicemail, I'd check manually and get nothing, the next day I'd try again and get voicemails people had left weeks before. It was pathetic. I officially cut the cord two months ago, so haven't seen any of the current Walking Dead episodes, had new phone service installed by Century Link and guess what, it works!I probably contacted DISH 25-30 times, they supposedly tried many fixes, but nothing worked. Turned out to be the actual physical connection on the side of my house, but they were to damn lazy to send a tech out, kept trying to do everything remotely. Oddly sent out a tech the day after I dumped them and admitted what they discovered. Just a little to late.
Looking forward to this season of Walking Dead, but still deciding whether I should go back to Comcast or maybe try DirecTV. I'm obviously way behind now, but AMC usually does a repeat of the entire fall season after the winter break, so I've got a while and can catch up pretty quickly next spring.
As for Sophia, that was pretty shocking. Not sure how far you are into the series, but don't get attached to characters, nobody is safe on this show.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I've watched four more episodes with my daughter over the past few days. She's a bit bummed that I really don't have as much interest in the show as I did before Sophia's demise. My heart just isn't in it any longer. But I am going to continue watching it because she likes it so much. :)

When Dale died (a character whom I liked very much), I didn't even care given the impact of what I felt after the closing scene in Pretty Much Dead Already. So at this point I'm guessing that all of the deaths that will eventually occur to likeable characters probably won't have much of an effect on me regardless of who dies. I wonder if anyone will ultimately survive the show? LOL. ;)

I thought the best line in Triggerfinger was spoken by Carl to Lori: "If the baby's a girl, could we name her Sophia?"

It was either Gimple and Kirkman who said that the death of Sophia Peletier may have added some dimension to various characters and led to developing future story lines not possible in the comic book series. That could be, and those whom have seen much beyond season two would know if this ends up being true or not. But in my humble opinion, I think it was an ill-advised decision on their part to have her character be killed. I could be that I am in the minority as far as this is concerned.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What's good about Sophia's death is what it does to Carol. I imagine that change was a driving force in the writers' decision too. As the series goes along, everyone has changed but guys like Rick, Shane and Daryl started as pretty tough dudes while Carol has made a massive change from how she was at the beginning of the show.

Ockeghem said:
I've watched four more episodes with my daughter over the past few days. She's a bit bummed that I really don't have as much interest in the show as I did before Sophia's demise. My heart just isn't in it any longer. But I am going to continue watching it because she likes it so much. :)
I imagine that's a curse of being a father. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Travis,And not only a father, but a father of several daughters. And one of them is Sophia's age and two others are within two years (either direction) of it. But I do love watching shows my children enjoy with them. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Since we're talking about S2, way beyond spoiler time. As Travis stated, Carol undergoes a major transformation, really fascinating to watch her personality morph.Haven't seen any of the current season yet, and avoided all spoilers, so no idea what she's like now, or if she's even alive, but definitely became one of the major characters.
Guess DISH and CBS went through a recent dust-up. The sporadic blackouts between providers and individual companies with certain favorite shows are getting old, I think I'll keep the cord cut and find these shows other ways.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Stan,I can't tell if you've read spoilers or not by your remark above. But, in any event, given what you've written recently, you must have been happy to see (or eventually learn of) this:
The death of Merle.

I was unaffected by the death of Shane tonight. He wasn't really a character that I liked all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks