What's new

The Walking Dead - Season Two (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Season two starts on Sunday. I'm going in chilly, but here's the season two trailer in case you want (and to give a little more substance to this thread):

I believe the first episode is 90 minutes, and there shall be a total of 13 episodes this go-round.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
...and there shall be a total of 13 episodes this go-round.
Is the season still split into two halves (7 episodes in October/November and the other 6 in February/March)?
I know virtually nothing about this season's stories but I hope Michonne comes into the show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Have a presser:
New York, NY – September 1, 2011 – AMC’s critically acclaimed original series, The Walking Dead, is back with its much anticipated second 13 episode season. Kicking off a two week long Fearfest, the network will once again present viewers with a 90-minute premiere episode, airing at 9 PM ET on Sunday, October 16th, with six one-hour episodes in the weeks following. The final six episodes of the season will commence on Sunday, February 12th at 9pm ET. The 90 minute version will also be launched globally on all Fox International Channels, following the US premiere the week of October 17th-23rd. Season two will reach FOX audiences in 122 countries, speaking 35 languages and will be seen by over 200 million households globally.
The Walking Dead follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln (“Love Actually,” “Teachers,” “Strike Back”), who are traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific,” “The Ghost Writer”) plays Shane Walsh, Rick’s sheriff’s department partner before the apocalypse, and Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), is Rick’s wife, Lori Grimes. Additional cast include: Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Norman Reedus, Jeffrey DeMunn, Chandler Riggs, Iron E. Singleton and Melissa McBride. Recently announced guest stars include: Lauren Cohan, Scott Wilson and Pruitt Taylor Vince.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I have watched season 1 for the 4th time and I just love this show. Just like last year I will be attending a viewing party at a local Indie cinema for the premiere. The new trailer fro S2 looks amazing!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
One question. You see them all driving vehicles that are not protectable (Shane in his open topped Jeep) and the old guy with the RV that keeps breaking down. Civilization has fallen. You can't stop at an RV center and pick up a brand new RV or get a more reliable car???

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
One question. You see them all driving vehicles that are not protectable (Shane in his open topped Jeep) and the old guy with the RV that keeps breaking down. Civilization has fallen. You can't stop at an RV center and pick up a brand new RV or get a more reliable car???
They probably could, but it's more of a challenge than it sounds. Most of the car and RV dealerships are in populated areas, which means areas that are crawling with zombies. None of the pumps work any more, so that means siphoning the gas out of abandoned vehicles to fuel whatever vehicle you want to steal, which takes time you're left vulnerable. And then you've got to escape with the vehicle without bringing a whole hoarde of zombies following after you.
And given how things went down in Atlanta last summer, I think they'll probably keep to the rural and sparcely populated areas on the way to that military base.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Apparently Season 2 starts off strong, but of course those episodes still had Darabont involved: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-amcs-the-walking-dead-returns-strong-for-season-2

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While I'm sure Darabont is a big creative loss, Glen Mazzara did work on The Shield for years so he's been part of a show that knew how to do suspense and surprise. Plus, when in doubt in terms of story, the writers can fall back on the comic book and probably do alright.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
One thing that is bugging me. In S1 "Guts" they had to cover themselves in Zombie guts so the Zombies couldn't smell them.
Why wouldn't they smell them hiding underneath the cars in the premier?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I liked it and also wondered why the zombies didn't smell them.
I wish they didn't have overly too close for comfort scenes like the woman in the motor home bathroom, the blood went everywhere but in a place that could infect her. Also, they couldn't of found a new motor home off a lot?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
An Ok Premiere nothing too exciting, I'd like to see more zombie action but after all it is a mostly character driven comic so its holding to that, and they still seem to be following the comic fairly closely. Still I'm yet to understand the Zombie rules in this universe. The Zombies seem to be slow and shambling, but when the script requires them to be fast ala the chase in the woods they are. It seems to be a virus yet no one seems to mind getting splattered with infected blood so they hack upon the zombies splattering themselves far more than needed. The opening scene where the zombies are just upon them surely Dale would've seen a "Herd" of Walkers of that size from his location on top of the camper. Finally why on the highway are there tons of dead corpses in the cars? Why do some corpses stay dead an others reanimate? Is it strictly thru biting, cause the dead behind the wheels certainly weren't movie around.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
As far as the speed of the Zombies that is addressed in one of the special features on the special edition set.
No Zombie can move faster than the first Zombie in Night of the Living Dead.
There doesn't seem to be too many dead people in the cars. Possibly they committed suicide by shooting them selves in the head?
It's interesting that the observation was made that they observed packs of roaming Zombies. The ones that attacked them at the camp and the ones in the ep on the road. It's observed that they were in a type of heard.
I've not read the comics. I want to enjoy the shows as the show without comparing it to the comics. I will at some point go back and read them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Ardeth Bey" is the psuedonym used for Frank Darabont's writing credits this season. Whatever settlement was worked out with AMC allowed the network to continue crediting him as a producer and use his name in promotional materials, but apparently not on the writing side.
Wow, what a strong premiere. I wanted to skip ahead at times, because the tension of what happened to Sophia was just killing me. And then, of course, that question isn't resolved but the sheriff's son ends up shot.
I'm wondering if zombies that don't receive any sustenance at all eventually die; perhaps the bodies in the vehicles were zombies too at one point but went "hungry" too long, and died for good.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
That's a great point about the Zombies starving.
On the talking dead Kirkman addressed the smell issue. This is not an exact quote:
He says that their sense of smell is rudimentary and is not like that of a dog. They don't identify by smell. It's just enough to differentiate between the living and the dead. Hiding under a car would be enough for them not to smell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks