What's new

The Walking Dead Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
joshEH - I had the exact same question after watching the episode about Noah and his brothers pictures. Other than a reason for Tyrese to have his back to the on coming zombie, i wish i knew what was grabbing his attention. I was kind of hoping that it would be brought up during Talking Dead but alas it wasn't.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Well, Noah joined the group, so I guess one of the black males had to go. It's the rules.

Sort of a self-important episode. I'm sorry, but TWD doesn't have and hasn't earned enough gravitas to have a "Terence Malick episode". I dig Nicotero, but this felt like a misguided bottle episode written to quickly get an actor out of his contract.

And, how on Earth did they get so far so fast??!! It took forever to move a mile in Georgia - with deadly situations at every turn. But, for some reason they go TOWARD D.C. (why was that decision made?), and they make it within 100 miles in no time. Just a weird narrative decision.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I also didn't understand what the rest of the group was supposed to be doing. She couldn't have been that far away either as those radios don't transmit more than a few miles.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
Well, Noah joined the group, so I guess one of the black males had to go. It's the rules.
Hahaha. In fairness, having one person of color is usually enough for a show to make a claim of diverse casting but this show does have a real mixture.

Quentin said:
And, how on Earth did they get so far so fast??!! It took forever to move a mile in Georgia - with deadly situations at every turn. But, for some reason they go TOWARD D.C. (why was that decision made?), and they make it within 100 miles in no time. Just a weird narrative decision.
They didn't establish how long it took them to get from Atlanta (last episode) to Virginia (this episode). It could have taken weeks or maybe even a couple months. Granted, the 'emotional wounds' of Beth, etc. seem fresh but the situation could have brought it all up again.

Scott Hanson said:
I also didn't understand what the rest of the group was supposed to be doing. She couldn't have been that far away either as those radios don't transmit more than a few miles.
I figured they were nearby as back up in case the place where they were going wasn't friendly.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quentin said:
But, for some reason they go TOWARD D.C. (why was that decision made?)

I wondered this too. It made sense when they thought they had a purpose to go there. But why in the world would you travel to a colder climate in that situation?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I could see traveling to Washington, D.C. on the level that it would probably be the place that survived the most intact but I would think that they'd kill people in the blink of an eye in order to guard themselves, their location and their supplies so I wouldn't go there. Personally, I was with Michonne on staying and fortifying Noah's town. Even if they just stayed temporarily (Rick had a good point about not having any line of sight), it seems like a better idea than getting right back on the road.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Quentin said:
I was thinking the same thing. Noah and Father Gabriel better watch their backs, because if the show's history is any guide, one of them has to go before the show reaches equilibrium at one black male. I half think they only brought on Father Gabriel so they'd have a priest to give Beth and Tyrese proper funerals, so he's got the most to worry about -- especially with Morgan Jones following close behind.

Sort of a self-important episode. I'm sorry, but TWD doesn't have and hasn't earned enough gravitas to have a "Terence Malick episode". I dig Nicotero, but this felt like a misguided bottle episode written to quickly get an actor out of his contract.
I agree completely. On one hand, I'm glad Chad Coleman had such a great showcase of his tremendous talent. On other other hand, it came across largely as pretentious instead of profound.

When they gathered all of the recent dead to alternately soothe Tyrese and torment him, I was impressed they that were able to corral so many former cast members, especially David Morrissey, instead of thinking about the story.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A few things....

-Yes...I know the world is dangerous. But, seriously..do we need to kill cast members every couple of episodes? I feel they have lasted this long. They should not be making such stupid mistakes.

-Why are all vehicles look like they are 20yrs old? You can't go to a car dealership and get a brand new car?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I watched Talking Dead and while Chad Coleman gets a little actor-y, I think he really hit on the good points of the episode and the Tyreese character. And he doesn't get nuts and compare anything to Malick. :)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
todd s said:
A few things....

-Yes...I know the world is dangerous. But, seriously..do we need to kill cast members every couple of episodes? I feel they have lasted this long. They should not be making such stupid mistakes.

-Why are all vehicles look like they are 20yrs old? You can't go to a car dealership and get a brand new car?

And yet all of the lawns and landscaping continue to be meticulously maintained by someone...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Dramatic liberties aside, on talking dead Hardwick ask how long after Beth’s death all of this was taking place and Nicotero said that it was happening like 18 days after, that is at times the most frustrating thing about this. I drive regularly from Norfolk to Jacksonville, that trip as the speed limit is max 14 hours, so 18 days…. Come on, agree all the cars age , but plenty of places along the way, to stop an siphon gas from like every car along the way, for gods sake break into a 7-11 or Circle K and get a effing map.

And from next week’s preview, no food, no water, you just came well over 500 miles, and didn’t think to raid every house that looked empty, every grocery store, every gas station, and by the way it's about 1 ½ hours from Richmond to the DC outer belt.

And about an hour or so from the Atlantic Ocean…… they don’t eat fish?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah the rationale for going to Noah's was "To Honor Beth's Memory" kinda flimsy reason to go all that distance. I know they want to move the story along, but you would think before they made that long dangerous trip they would have stocked up on goods. Still no one seems to complain when they made a long journey on Z Nation, but I guess WD should be held to a higher standard. I think it was to move it along to the next big story in the Comic version the Alexandria Free zone, which I presume we'll get to by seasons end.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Do you think it was him who Glenn saw briefly at Terminus? It's clear they had Glenn pick up what he did for foreshadowing (though I know they will potentially go in a different direction and could just be teasing comic readers).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was rather boring. Everyone wants to see them dealing with their losses instead of just skipping past it, but you don't expect it to be so dull.

Eve Babcock

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eve Babcock
Greg_S_H said:
That was rather boring. Everyone wants to see them dealing with their losses instead of just skipping past it, but you don't expect it to be so dull.
I wasn't able to catch it definitely tonight I'll see it. I heard there's a new character?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks