What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, I forgot the pile of skeletons.

Walter Kittel said:
Yeah, I agree. Let's see, we can show the most incredible levels of violence against humans and former humans but everyone is going to get into a tizzy over one F-bomb. Gotta love America. :)

- Walter.
What's weird to me is that AMC lets Breaking Bad and Mad Men say it but apparently stops The Walking Dead. Obviously, AMC edits the word out when it runs but even with the edit, you still get the idea and the unedited version is on Blu-ray and DVD.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure that new terminus arrivals are used as food. They respect their food, as seen with the names and candles but they need the food to survive. It's them above all others. Something along those lines was written on the wall.

And what better plan is there than to make the food come to them. They don't have to do runs to find food or supplies - it comes right to them, like the chutes in a slaughterhouse.

And they've clearly used the "chutes" before. The route that Rick's group was forced through was all shot up from previous groups. Can't kill the food before it's expiration date or it will spoil without refrigeration.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
MarkMel, reading your post made me realize the connection between Rick's explanation of showing Carl how to "funnel" the animals into the trap...that is essentially what the Terminus folks are doing with the other humans.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
MarkMel, reading your post made me realize the connection between Rick's explanation of showing Carl how to "funnel" the animals into the trap...that is essentially what the Terminus folks are doing with the other humans.
Exactly! Now we have the excruciating wait until the next season to see if our theories play out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Finale was OK , I'm not to keen on this Terminus group who seem to be too Clean and Yuppish to be cannibals, unles they were like this before the holocaust and they just took advantage of the situation. Because even thou Rick and Company talk about nothing but Food, these terminus guys don't look like they've seen starvation enough to resort to caniibalism.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
About my only complaint for the episode was that the Termites (Andrew Lincoln's phrase) sure expended a lot of ammunition to herd the group to the rail car. Unless they've got an entire box car of ammunition it seemed awfully wasteful in the Zombie Apocalypse.

- Walter.
Thanks for the "Termites" reference. I never got that, but now quite obvious. My Homer Simpson moment.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Dave Scarpa said:
The Finale was OK , I'm not to keen on this Terminus group who seem to be too Clean and Yuppish to be cannibals, unles they were like this before the holocaust and they just took advantage of the situation. Because even thou Rick and Company talk about nothing but Food, these terminus guys don't look like they've seen starvation enough to resort to caniibalism.
Because they've had an unlimited supply of human flesh to feast on!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
TWD2.jpg

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
By the way, pretty traumatic day for Carl, who not only nearly got raped and watched his dad bludgeon the guy that tried, but he also ate human bacon.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I also have to wonder if maybe they tried zombie meat first and found it tasted too much like chicken (or not enough).

Although I suppose that could be a bit risky.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
Because they've had an unlimited supply of human flesh to feast on!
I should probably suspend my disbelief but it seems like there's a lot of people who have made the conscious choice of being cannibals. When your choices are cannibalism or starvation, I'll buy that people will do anything to survive but, as had been pointed out, they aren't starving anymore so it seems hard to believe that that many people would be killing and eating people.

I mean couldn't they have just eaten people until they could grow some carrots & lettuce and then everyone could just pretend like they never ate people?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Enjoyed the finale, and was nice to see Hershel again. i do think the show would benefit like many others from having an end point mapped out - where is the show ultimately going ? Is there going to be a larger story or is this simply going to follow the group through various locales until the ratings dwindle? The seasons are starting to meander a lot and I don't really think the creators know where they are ultimately taking this.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
Enjoyed the finale, and was nice to see Hershel again. i do think the show would benefit like many others from having an end point mapped out - where is the show ultimately going ?
Personally, I think it's deliberately going nowhere. As far as I'm concerned there is no goal for these characters. The only story to the show is that there's people trying to survive after an apocalypse. It's not like Lost where, at the beginning, you assume that they'll get rescued in the last episode or Breaking Bad or The Shield or The Sopranos where you assume that the main character will get arrested or die at the end.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Personally, I think it's deliberately going nowhere. As far as I'm concerned there is no goal for these characters. The only story to the show is that there's people trying to survive after an apocalypse. It's not like Lost where, at the beginning, you assume that they'll get rescued in the last episode or Breaking Bad or The Shield or The Sopranos where you assume that the main character will get arrested or die at the end.
Haven't read the graphic novel, but hope there is some kind of closure. I think it's to popular that it would just "stop". I'm guessing the writers have mapped out a decent ending over the next few seasons.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I'm sorry but if there is no ultimate end point to the show then this is going to get very repetitive very fast. The characters don't need to know it yet but the showrunners should definitely have an end point in mind

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
My belief is that as long as the ratings are there (and Daryl is alive :) ) that the show will continue. I honestly don't mind an indefinite storyline as long as they continue to develop different situations and explore aspects of the Zombie Apocalypse.

The original CSI is currently in season 14, NCIS is in season 11; so it isn't unheard of series to go for over a decade. Sure those are both on CBS but I think the odds of The Walking Dead hitting a decade on AMC are pretty good.

- Walter.

Jesters Movie Machine

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
I actually think the show always trys to not be predictable. I believe that those guys are not canibals because that would be to obvious. I wasent thrilled with the episode. Especially the ending. I was expecting when Rick said " These guys are gonna feel really stupid" I was expecting them to do some flash backs to maybe like a run in with Ty and Carol or some sort of elaborate bomb or SOMETHING not just " they picked the wrong people to mess with"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Going by what the show runner was saying on "Talking Dead", it seems like they are changing it up every 8-episode half-seasons in terms of story-telling style and character arcs.

For the actors, it's all about character arcs, but given the fractured story-telling, you have to be mindful of every character and where they were at the start of each half-season, and where they end up at the end of each half-season. There is change going on for all of the characters, as the events from each half-season shape their outlook and reactions to the external stimuli known as the zombie apocalypse.

Do I have any delusions this show will end on a high note of glory? Nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks