Senior HTF Member
Too soon?

lizzy.jpg

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
It was a strong episode but its strength is undermined by some very weak ones prior to this to the point where the show had felt like it was treading water and I had begun to lose some interest. Im all for developing the characters, but apart from one tense episode with Rick I have been largely underwhelmed since they left the prison.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Simon Massey said:
It was a strong episode but its strength is undermined by some very weak ones prior to this to the point where the show had felt like it was treading water and I had begun to lose some interest. Im all for developing the characters, but apart from one tense episode with Rick I have been largely underwhelmed since they left the prison.
Well, I'm just the opposite of your views and have really enjoyed these shows. That's why I watch, for the characters, NOT the action and gore junk. Like I've said several times now, the zombies are just a fictional mechanism by which to drive the characters, it's not a true horror/action show by any means.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
As is typical with most apocalyptica (the BBC's 70's series 'Survivors' springs to mind) the show is strongest when they are on the move, weakest when they have 'very-special' episodes and indulge their 'waiting for Godot' instincts, in my opinion..

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I definitely prefer them on the move. If we had another season of the prison I would have bailed on the show.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Scott Hanson said:
I definitely prefer them on the move. If we had another season of the prison I would have bailed on the show.
While I understand that's what drives this show, and so far that's when it's been at its best, I'm starting to tire of the format.

What I mean, is that they are now in what year of the walker/biter apocalype? 2? 3? (Which brings to mind a problem I had a couple of weeks back with the Glen episode - there shouldn't be cornfields anymore) Walkers aren't unknown at this point; their behavior is predictable. We're given several ways to 'camoflage' or be ignored. Why aren't they being used on a consistent basis? Why do places have to be abandoned? Why not stake out some jawless, armless walkers and dig a trench around a settlement?

At this point what I think they need to do, and maybe they are with Terminus, is to show how society rebuilds itself. That, or if they insist on the 'always on the move' format, changes the rules; show why it HAS to be that way. I know I'm overthinking the show somewhat, but in telling their stories, they're asking me to think. Can't expect me to think and then ask me not to......

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Terminus seemed kind of creepy. Not many people around or much activity. It will be interesting to see what's up there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not big on speculating but since Terminus seems like Woodbury Part II, I think the writers will go against those expectations and have everyone be relatively cool and normal. The problems will arise when Jeff Kober's "Claimed!" group shows up looking for Rick.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
TravisR said:
I'm not big on speculating but since Terminus seems like Woodbury Part II, I think the writers will go against those expectations and have everyone be relatively cool and normal.
Could be. But it seemed strange to me that there was absolutely no one standing guard and just a gate anyone could walk through.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Personally, I'm wary on Terminus. I'm wondering if it's some sort of trap. Would the writers do so so soon after Woodbury? Unlikely, but those signs would give me caution.

...and no one is mentioning Day of the Dead's Bub making an appearance in the tunnel?!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
joshEH said:
Daryl should've taken that dude's arrows. Come on, man. You've got, like, three. A few more could help.
Arrows and cross bow bolts are not the same. They were however shacked up in a garage, so there might have been tools to cut down the arrows and modify the nocks, fletching and tips. I'm sure Darryl could've used the bow, but I'll assume someone else CLAIMED it and they were the dumb one who left the arrow in dead guy's head.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
KevinGress said:
What I mean, is that they are now in what year of the walker/biter apocalype? 2? 3? (Which brings to mind a problem I had a couple of weeks back with the Glen episode - there shouldn't be cornfields anymore) Walkers aren't unknown at this point; their behavior is predictable. We're given several ways to 'camoflage' or be ignored. Why aren't they being used on a consistent basis? Why do places have to be abandoned? Why not stake out some jawless, armless walkers and dig a trench around a settlement?
I've had similar thoughts. It also seems like that country club would have been the perfect place to settle down.

Also, I would think at this point in time the non-zombies are a bigger threat than the zombies are.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"We'll make you a plate."

If the Terminus folks are cannibals, it seems like they resorted to cannibalism relatively quickly. I know Kirkman's gotta kirk, but seems like the cannibals would come into being much later, rather than sooner during a zombie apocalypse.

I imagine even the worst person alive would balk at eating grilled man. Carl looked for 5 minutes and found the biggest can of pudding in existence. And, what, he searched two houses? Plus, these presumed cannibals are growing crops.

Charlie Campisi said:
Arrows and cross bow bolts are not the same. They were however shacked up in a garage, so there might have been tools to cut down the arrows and modify the nocks, fletching and tips. I'm sure Darryl could've used the bow, but I'll assume someone else CLAIMED it and they were the dumb one who left the arrow in dead guy's head.
True, I know -- was just having a funny, there. Good point about the garage, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks