What's new

The Walking Dead - The Final Episodes (Seasons 10 & 11) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The following cast members have been promoted to series regulars:
  • Lauren Ridloff (Connie)
  • Ryan Hurst (Beta)
  • Cailey Fleming (Judith)
  • Cassady McClincy (Lydia)
  • Cooper Andrews (Jerry)
  • Nadia Hilker (Magna)
  • Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Premieres tonight.

In other news, the show has been renewed for an eleventh season, and Lauren Cohan will be returning as a series regular for that run.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess I'm not all that surprised there are zero comments 3 days after the premiere. Not really much to discuss, just more of the same. Still not feeling Alpha as that much of a threat no matter how hard they try to make her look like the worst person in the history of the world. And did Eugene really say, "Steer clear of that tree it's gonna fall any minuto!"

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I watched the season premiere. I guess that’s all I have to say...

I wish Fear was back...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the only thing that will save the series is if they set an end date. As it is, the cycle of peace-new villain appears-war-peace pretty much has to continue because they don't know how much longer the story has to go.

I'm more interested in the rebuilding of civilization than the continued squabbles between the various groups of survivors. Settling in Alexandria and then discovering the other communities gave the show a badly needed jolt, but it feels like things have stagnated or even regressed since then.

The back half of the most recent season of "Fear the Walking Dead" was a hot mess, but at least it was grappling with larger ideas than just territorial disputes.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Really? I bailed on that after I think season 2. Are you saying that is better than this drivel now? It wouldn't surprise me but it sounds like neither are worth our while.
Fear has improved GREATLY since the start of season 4 with Morgan coming on as well as the new batch of characters. I actually only sort-of-liked seasons 1-3, but 4 and 5 have been great in my book.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Fear has improved GREATLY since the start of season 4 with Morgan coming on as well as the new batch of characters. I actually only sort-of-liked seasons 1-3, but 4 and 5 have been great in my book.

Really? I'm just the opposite. Morgan's arrival has damped the appeal of the show for me. I especially didn't like this season. This "we're here to help" mantra led to a meandering plot and really wishy washy characters.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I watch both shows as they appear on TV, but also collect each season’s Blu ray sets. For some reason I had the last two seasons of each unwatched and decided to remedy this.

“Fear The Walking Dead” was an easy and enjoyable re-watch. “The Walking Dead” was a chore. I had to force myself. It has never recovered from the Negan debacle as far as I am concerned. .

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Agree with other sentiments expressed here - this show has gotten tedious. Could care less about the whisperers. I have always been a zombie fan but I'm ready to check out on both of these shows.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Recently switched to Hulu+Live TV as my streaming provider. They don't carry AMC. I'm not sure I really care, now, at least not until Better Call Saul comes back.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I agree that TWD has gotten tedious. They take soooo long to tell a story. I'm ok with the concept for occasional seasons (ie: following specific characters for the same 24 hour period each episode) but they've just fallen into this long form storytelling to drag a short story on for longer than necessary. A little tension would be nice but these two episodes had next to none (apart from the opening sequence of ep2 which felt like a relief to actually have some horror for a change).

I sincerely hope that satellite becomes a significant plot-moving device (ie it puts them in contact with someone overseas, etc), otherwise it was a ridiculous MacGuffin. Given how high up it was during reentry, that thing would have landed hundreds of miles away. If they needed something to start a fire to force the cast across enemy lines, a simple lightning storm would have been sufficient.

Re Fear - I had bailed but started watching when Morgan joined the show. I thought that first half-season was pretty good, but it quickly fell afterwards. The premiere of the back-half of this last season was so bad I couldn't make it through it. I deleted all the remaining episodes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I had absolutely no interest in the Alpha/Beta backstory. First time I've ever actually fast forwarded through an episode. I didn't even know who the one character was.

I agree some kind of distant contact is needed to have any chance at keeping this interesting. Otherwise it's just lather, rinse, repeat.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
So Season 10 continues...
I watched, or rather listened to 10 09. I don't know why. Another episode in the dark. I can't stand the way Alpha talks. I could see if she was several generations after the breakdown of society but this is ridiculous. I curse the person that said it is okay to shoot by natural light.

I have better things to watch so I stopped it 17 minutes in. The Outsider, and Saul are calling. Maybe I will come back to this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This news actually makes me more likely to dive back in, knowing that my time commitment is finite and that the writers have an endpoint they're building towards rather than just constantly spinning their wheels.

It perhaps also lends credence to the rumors that Andrew Lincoln is coming back; a one season commitment is a lot more doable than an open-ended commitment.

The slimmed down Daryl/Carol spinoff might be fun, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks