1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead - Season 10

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

The following cast members have been promoted to series regulars:
    • Lauren Ridloff (Connie)
    • Ryan Hurst (Beta)
    • Cailey Fleming (Judith)
    • Cassady McClincy (Lydia)
    • Cooper Andrews (Jerry)
    • Nadia Hilker (Magna)
    • Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko)

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Premieres tonight.

In other news, the show has been renewed for an eleventh season, and Lauren Cohan will be returning as a series regular for that run.

4. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I guess I'm not all that surprised there are zero comments 3 days after the premiere. Not really much to discuss, just more of the same. Still not feeling Alpha as that much of a threat no matter how hard they try to make her look like the worst person in the history of the world. And did Eugene really say, "Steer clear of that tree it's gonna fall any minuto!"

5. Tommy R

Tommy R Supporting Actor

Tommy
    I watched the season premiere. I guess that’s all I have to say...

I wish Fear was back...

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I think the only thing that will save the series is if they set an end date. As it is, the cycle of peace-new villain appears-war-peace pretty much has to continue because they don't know how much longer the story has to go.

I'm more interested in the rebuilding of civilization than the continued squabbles between the various groups of survivors. Settling in Alexandria and then discovering the other communities gave the show a badly needed jolt, but it feels like things have stagnated or even regressed since then.

The back half of the most recent season of "Fear the Walking Dead" was a hot mess, but at least it was grappling with larger ideas than just territorial disputes.

ChristopherG likes this.
  7. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Really? I bailed on that after I think season 2. Are you saying that is better than this drivel now? It wouldn't surprise me but it sounds like neither are worth our while.

Richard V likes this.
  8. Tommy R

Tommy R Supporting Actor

Tommy
    Fear has improved GREATLY since the start of season 4 with Morgan coming on as well as the new batch of characters. I actually only sort-of-liked seasons 1-3, but 4 and 5 have been great in my book.

9. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Really? I'm just the opposite. Morgan's arrival has damped the appeal of the show for me. I especially didn't like this season. This "we're here to help" mantra led to a meandering plot and really wishy washy characters.

10. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    I watch both shows as they appear on TV, but also collect each season’s Blu ray sets. For some reason I had the last two seasons of each unwatched and decided to remedy this.

“Fear The Walking Dead” was an easy and enjoyable re-watch. “The Walking Dead” was a chore. I had to force myself. It has never recovered from the Negan debacle as far as I am concerned. .

11. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

This episode was terrible. Who cares about the whisperers?

Some shows go by and it feels like only 20 minutes has passed.

This one feels like it was 3 hours. I had to keep checking how much was left.

12. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Cinematographer

Chris
    Agree with other sentiments expressed here - this show has gotten tedious. Could care less about the whisperers. I have always been a zombie fan but I'm ready to check out on both of these shows.

13. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    Recently switched to Hulu+Live TV as my streaming provider. They don't carry AMC. I'm not sure I really care, now, at least not until Better Call Saul comes back.

14. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I agree that TWD has gotten tedious. They take soooo long to tell a story. I'm ok with the concept for occasional seasons (ie: following specific characters for the same 24 hour period each episode) but they've just fallen into this long form storytelling to drag a short story on for longer than necessary. A little tension would be nice but these two episodes had next to none (apart from the opening sequence of ep2 which felt like a relief to actually have some horror for a change).

I sincerely hope that satellite becomes a significant plot-moving device (ie it puts them in contact with someone overseas, etc), otherwise it was a ridiculous MacGuffin. Given how high up it was during reentry, that thing would have landed hundreds of miles away. If they needed something to start a fire to force the cast across enemy lines, a simple lightning storm would have been sufficient.

Re Fear - I had bailed but started watching when Morgan joined the show. I thought that first half-season was pretty good, but it quickly fell afterwards. The premiere of the back-half of this last season was so bad I couldn't make it through it. I deleted all the remaining episodes.

15. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I had absolutely no interest in the Alpha/Beta backstory. First time I've ever actually fast forwarded through an episode. I didn't even know who the one character was.

I agree some kind of distant contact is needed to have any chance at keeping this interesting. Otherwise it's just lather, rinse, repeat.