What's new

"The Walking Dead" - Frank Darabont, AMC (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am looking forward to Bear McCreary's (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica) score for this show. The Walking Dead had a pretty good presence at Comic-Con this year. A replica of one of the sets was created for fans to have their photo's taken.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I kind of think it would be cool if the show was in black and white. We know Darabont likes black and white and they could probably get away with more gore that way. I may just have to turn the colour down on my tv as an experiment once the show airs.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Whoo hoo! My cable provider added AMC HD sometime in the last few days, so I'll be able to watch this in style. The only thing left I'm stuck watching in SD is The Clone Wars.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
New, long trailer for the show and the air date has been revealed too: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/08/the-walking-dead-trailer-video.html#more-7052

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the show would start on the first Sunday in October (rather than the last one) and had 5 of the 6 episodes run in October since that is traditionally the month that TV stations play horror movies.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I absolutely cannot wait for this. One of the greatest comics of all time AND Bear McCreary scoring it all?!

Sold.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Agreed. 100 percent.

The end of October is fast approaching the continuum of sheer awesomeness for me -- The Walking Dead debuting on AMC, Apocalypse Now, The Exorcist, and the Alien films all coming out on Blu-Ray, plus Fallout: New Vegas and Fable III all dropping within a week of each other?

Nerdgasm-overload fast approaching.

(Also, very surprised no one's commented yet on Jericho's Lennie James getting cast as Morgan Jones on the show...)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by joshEH

(Also, very surprised no one's commented yet on Jericho's Lennie James getting cast as Morgan Jones on the show...)

He's been making the rounds lately: Human Target (where he was awesome), Lie to Me, and the re-make of The Prisoner, to name a few. I'm glad he found a recurring role on a show that will (hopefully) last a bit. I hear he's slated to appear in Human Target and Lie to Me, though, in a few guest spots.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Lennie also showed up recently in a great recurring role on HBO's Hung (as a Detroit pimp). Back when Jericho went off the air, I was hoping he'd stick around stateside for a bit longer, and I definitely haven't been disappointed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Any word on number of episodes? First is six. Thirteen seems like a common number for cable TV.

Edit: Unless there's some late-breaking news, AMC is denying this.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1117231p1.html

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ According to Aint It Cool's headline, there will be 13 episodes next season. Though I'd bet that they're just pulling that story from another site.

Even if AMC is denying the story, I'd imagine that a 13 episode second season is their tentative plan anyway (assuming that the first performs well).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Huge zombie fan here and when I first saw the trailer for this show I think I peed a little.

It's my most anticipated show of the year and that short 4 min preview blows the freakin' lid off the pieces of shit that George Romero seems to be churning out with little to no thought or dedication to, well, anything even remotely resembling quality.

Never read the comics (comics just don't do it for me regardless of content) but will be all over this show on Halloween night.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since you don't read comics, you may not know that they are eventually collected into trade paperback books. So, you can go to the bookstore and get The Walking Dead Vol. 1, which contains six issues and is $10. Or, just flip through it as Travis says. This is a book that has a lot of people saying, "I never liked comics, but I liked The Walking Dead." Of course, if it doesn't change your mind, you'll still be able to enjoy the show (if it's good).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks