What's new

The Wailin' Jennys (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody else listen to this Canadian trio? I just bought 40 Days after hearing some songs from the internet radio station Radio Paradise... So far, listening to it on my bike to work, very nice. The three females all sing and play various instruments... They have a newer album out called Firecracker that I'd like to check out soon.

A nice listen to on a cool august morning over here in the northeast anyway.

Jay

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
They came to Wolfeboro, NH last summer, they were really good. Not to mention pretty, but their talent was outstanding, good harmonies, good musicianship and everything. I was very surprised and was a fan by the end of the night. Myself and the people I were with got a chuckle out of the name because earlier in the day we had been talking about Waylon Jennings and then we found out The Jenny's were in town. Made us have to see them.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Cara Luft left after 40 Days and the new lady which is heard on Firecracker plays fiddle and mandarin so it seems the second album has more fiddle and kind of Celtic sound to the music.

I agree, the three vocals sound very nice together and they have produce some really good music.

Jay

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
So glad to see someone mention The Jenny's...

I live in their hometown, Winnipeg. I feel privileged to have attended their first performance where they announced the name for the group. It was in a small local guitar shop and was a wonderful, very intimate evening. The highlight of the night was their rendition of Calling All Angels...how I wish they would record that!

Jeff.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've been through Winnepeg :) My family used to drive from NJ all the way to Calgary, ALTA every summer for years, we did a new route almost every time so I've been through a lot of Candian cities in the midwestern provences.

Anyway, I am really enjoying this album!

Jay

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator

small world Jeff, i'm from winnipeg also and only ever seen them once at a much does winnipeg show where they opened up for malefaction and comeback kid (more my choice in music) but they where not to bad

if anyone wants some good stuff they should check out greg macpherson another local winnipeg act who is simply amazing recorded and live

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I've heard them a few times on "A Prairie Home Companion". The broadcast from Tanglewood was recorded for TV and aired over the 4th of July holiday on PBS. It was nice to see what those ladies looked like. Nice.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nicky Moody, who I hope I have picked the right Jenny sounds a bit like Natalie Merchant.

I've heard of that broadcast, going to see if I can try to catch that if it ever airs again..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks