What's new

The Virgin Queen & The Nanny????????? (1 Viewer)

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett

I assume you're asking about the Bette Davis movies..

No idea about The Virgin Queen - the UK version is Cinemascope 16x9 widescreen. If they were planning a tie-in with the Ann-Marie Duff version, they're a little late.

The Nanny (1965, Hammer) was available from Warner in the UK as part of a double feature with The Blue Lamp, but seems to be discontinued.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

Just an FYI... I have the set and The Nanny is P&S'd from it's 1.85:1 AR. It's worth it for The Blue Lamp however.

Herb.

Daniel BARBIEUX

Stunt Coordinator
The Virgin Queen and the Nanny are available in France and Belgium. Both are in the widescreen format. Price for each DVD is €9

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The virgin queen would me much appreciated here. Fox also released as part of their Western series - two years ago in Europe - The garden of evil.
they have released two more bunches of westerns in the U.S. since then, and still no Garden of Evil here. What gives?

Claude North

Second Unit
When I saw the title of the this thread, I immediately thought "The Nanny" was a reference to the Fran Drescher TV series. I couldn't imagine how that show could be connected to "The Virgin Queen."

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing both films released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks