What's new

The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

74607_large.jpg

The Pit and the Pendulum, The Haunted Palace, The Fall

of House of Usher, Witchfinder General, The Abominable

Dr. Phibes, The Masque of the Red Death

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
1st day purchase. Major thanks to Shout for issuing these finally, as HD versions have been floating around the tv channela for years that completely outdo the pitiful mostly non-anamorphic MGM DVDs.
The two best Poes, Witchfinder and Phibes in one box! I just wish that more titles were included in this first volume.

I'd love a collector's edition of Theater of Blood.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
If this set sells well that would easily help in the decision for another Volume be it a Price or a Poe set...
The only well they will release more of 'the same' genre or era of films is buying what they are releasing and if the sales are good they might consider titles that maybe they would not have gone with before..
That being said I truly cannot wait for this set...:)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Does anyone know if Shout/Scream factory includes English Subtitles with their BD movies? The Amazon listing doesn't provide andy detail and I couldn't find anything on the Shout website.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Steve...O said:
Does anyone know if Shout/Scream factory includes English Subtitles with their BD movies? The Amazon listing doesn't provide andy detail and I couldn't find anything on the Shout website.
I've got maybe 3/4 of all of the Scream Factory Blu-rays and all but their first two (Halloween II and III) have English subtitles. That being said, I would wait for firm confirmation before purchasing it.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Ronald Epstein said:
attachicon.gif
74607_large.jpg

The Pit and the Pendulum, The Haunted Palace, The Fall
of House of Usher, Witchfinder General, The Abominable
Dr. Phibes, The Masque of the Red Death

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.
It's too bad it has such a high list price. Still, I think that this set will sell very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
8 movies, plus extras, for $79.99 is too high? Practically $10 per movie, in HD, plus extras...that's too much? Even at its pre-order price of $55.99, it's down to $6.99 per movie, in HD, plus extras. Sheesh...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
bgart13 said:
8 movies, plus extras, for $79.99 is too high? Practically $10 per movie, in HD, plus extras...that's too much? Even at its pre-order price of $55.99, it's down to $6.99 per movie, in HD, plus extras. Sheesh...
Right. With the possibility that if it does go even lower than that, the pre-order takes it at the lowest price.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
bgart13 said:
8 movies? What are the other two movies beyond the 6 listed?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
bgart13 said:
"8" movies??? I only counted six in the write-up.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
TravisR said:
I've got maybe 3/4 of all of the Scream Factory Blu-rays and all but their first two (Halloween II and III) have English subtitles. That being said, I would wait for firm confirmation before purchasing it.
Thank you and most appreciated. I agree with others that this seems like a great deal for a fun bunch of movies.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Scream Factory titles haven't been as bad so far, but Shout Factory titles rarely seem to go on sale and if so never at a substantial discount. I wouldn't expect a real bargain on this one down the line as a lot of Shout stuff holds its value. I have yet to find a good price for the Corman Women In Cages triple feature Blu, but then again, I am very cheap.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Whoops! You're both right! I was in a rush at the time, multitasking. It's 7 titles, not 8. Remember -- there's two versions of WG being included. So that's $11.42/ea at full MSRP or $7.99/each at Amazon's current price. Still a deal.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
bgart13 said:
Whoops! You're both right! I was in a rush at the time, multitasking. It's 7 titles, not 8. Remember -- there's two versions of WG being included. So that's $11.42/ea at full MSRP or $7.99/each at Amazon's current price. Still a deal.
I absolutely agree! I can't wait to get this.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
bgart13 said:
Actually, I said it was a high list price, and I was thinking about sales for a second volume. If it could be sold for under $40, I think Walmart might carry it. I wasn't complaining, just observing.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Just saw this on their Facebook page:
- Update on THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION: We had originally intended to include the U.S. version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL known as CONQUEROR WORM, but due to some unforeseen legal issues, we were told we would need to remove a scene from the film. Sine we felt the fans would have been unhappy that a scene was cut from the film, so we decided to drop the U.S. version of the film instead of editing the film. Sorry guys, we tried.
So no US version of the Witchfinder General. I wonder what the scene was?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks