What's new

The Village artwork (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
And I thought the Vista Series no longer existed.

Apparently it's now a given that any Shyamalan film automatically goes into this series, whether it's a good or bad movie.

Further Details:
Touchstone Home Entertainment has kindly sent over official artwork for The Village which stars the likes of Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard, Adrien Brody, William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver. The movie will be available to own in shops from the 11th January next year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. I'm afraid details on this one are still pretty sketchy at the moment, although we can confirm that the disc will include a few deleted scenes, a making of featurette and a photo gallery. We'll bring you further details on this M. Night Shyamalan film shortly. For now though, here's the artwork:

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
So is there a release date? And I have heard pretty bad reviews of this film, is it really that bad? I know a lot of people hated Signs and I loved it.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
It's good ettiquette to credit the source of the information.

Props to DVDAnswer.com.

(unless Sten also accidentally misnamed the movie in the artwork filename "thevillager1artworkpic.jpg") ;)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Nice hedging on that cover uote.

"The #1 thriller on it's opening weekend!"

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Apparently "Vista Series" now just means "Stuff Filmed by Shyamalan".

Sten F

Second Unit

Being picky aren´t we? Well, that was the name of the file.

Credit to DVDAnswer.com

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm glad to see the Vista Series line isn't dead. We haven't had a release since March of '03 (Who Framed Roger Rabbit).

Hopefully we can get a Vista Series Edition of the Rocketeer now. ;)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
It wasn't a bad movie. But I honestly felt it would have been better if it were cut differently.

I'll spoiler tag this as it might dampen the 1st time viewer's enjoyment: Night reveals far too much too early. As a result all the suspense is drained from the last 20m of the film.

-paul

What a terrible letdown. I've really enjoyed M's other films, but this one was so lame, sorry. Pass on the DVD for me, even if it is the return of the Vista lable.

that would mean Region 1. ;) But anyways, this movie was terrible. The ending was seen a mile away....bad acting. Just bad all around.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Not until January, damn, I was hoping for a bit of an earlier release.

As for the film, I really enjoyed it and look forward to the purchase. This and The Passion were the only 2 films I saw in theaters so far this year.

As was intended. This was not like his other films with the "surprise" ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks