What's new

The victims in this new universal Price Point foolishness is the consumer. (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
As some of you know I bought a home on Friday, and I've been shopping or a couple of panels to fill it with.
I had planned on buying a Sony XBR for my family room. Unfortunately none of the retailers in NJ or De had any in stock. Yesterday they were picked at a ridiculous but manageable $2500 and $4400, but as I said nobody had any for sale.
Today they are universally $3500 and $5500.
Well, F you Sony, I'm not paying that and I'm not going to cheap out with your lesser quality sets. I'll buy from someone not tied to this crap. Unfortunately all the manufacturers seem to be headed down this dumb ass road. It's unamerican and disgusting to me.
If they all go this route I don't know what I'm going to buy. The Panny plasma vt30 looks nice but the zvT50 is inbound and Panasonic is rumored to be next in line for this bullshit.
I wouldnt have minded if they had enforced reasonable prices but forcing retailers who CAN afford to discount o be hamstrung so the loser dinosaurs who can't can still ompete is total bullshit and I would do without rather than supporting it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ah cool, the story I submitted to The Verge got picked up!
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/1/2918342/sony-unilateral-pricing-strategy-april-1-rollout

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks