The Velveteen Rabbit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Feb 9, 2003.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I see this is coming out this Tuesday (2/11/03). I wanted to know if this is the same version I remembered from when I was a little kid, so I tried searching here (no results other than the Weekly Roundup), and at DVD Planet, and at imdb.com. All I can find out about this is that it's a "beautifully illustrated" version of the classic children's book, and is narrated by Meryl Streep. Also, it's from 1984.

I saw a movie based on the book as a film in preschool and that was before 1984. It wasn't illustrated; it was live-action.

Can anyone tell me definitively if what's coming out on Tuesday is probably the same thing that I remember, or is there more than one movie based on the book, or what?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Brendan Brown

Brendan Brown Stunt Coordinator

There was a live-action movie? wow

I just remember two different animated films

one was basically very low framerate stills fading into one another (very artsy).

and the other was fully animated and had a scene with toy soldiers and a toy tank.

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

4. Brendan Brown

Brendan Brown Stunt Coordinator

wonder if Nelvana did the other animated one. Might be a Canadian thing (tm)

5. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I *LOVE* this feature. I have the CD with Winston on the Piano and Streep doing the talking...pure beauty. The DVD with picture-added will be a treasure.

Preordering right now!!!

dave [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]