What's new

The Urination Shivers? (1 Viewer)

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Happens to women too, so it's not just a guy thing.

According to this neurologist, the shiver is a response from the autonomic nervous system when it gets overstimulated, which can happen during urniation.

Colton

Supporting Actor
For the sake of research, I decided to experiment on the "pee shivers". Yes, I get them. I also agree that it has alot to do with the transfer of liquid heat from the bladder. To help prove this theory, I took a hot shower and noticed no shivers during my urination. Case closed.

- Colton

John Spencer

Supporting Actor

Just to let everyone know, I will be using this phrase a lot in my conversations from now on.

"You ever been to LA?"
"Never heard of this. I'm a honky."

That is one of the best lines ever!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I just checked, no shivers and my office is cold and I'm a cracker. But please, I like to be addressed as Mr. Saltine.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I just took a good long, long overdue piss - no shivers.

This thread is disturbing.

--
H

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
we've got a few asians, a honky, a saltine (apparantly), and my friends always called me a banana (yellow on the outside....you get it...).

this gets my vote for one of the weirdest posts on htf.

oh...i get the shivers once in a while too. nice to know it happens to others as well ... err ... i think ....

did someone say they pee in the shower as well? glad to know i'm not ... err ... never mind ....

oh yeah ...

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND ... BUT WHEN YOU PEE ... URINATION!!!

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Man, you mean there's people out there that pee in the showers? Nasty :D.

BTW, I've shiver peeing in warm shower so that experiment is bogus! Case reopen.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As long as you aim for the drain and hit the bullseye, what's wrong with going in the shower? :D

I'm so joking!

I get the occasional urine-gasm myself, usually when I have to go REALLY bad and I finally go. It feels so good that I do a full body shiver, I feel it mostly in my spine though, as if someone has lightly tickeled me on the small of my back for a second.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I thought I'd like to add, that from Leila's article link, that I have never passed out after urinating. Imagine the horror.

If you passed out while standing at a urinal, what is the chances that you would fall into the urinal and bang your head?

Somebody ask the AMA this, quick, it's important.

;)

Jay

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I plot a graph of amount of urine excreted in ml versus the shiver measured by frequency and found that there's a direct relationship between the amount excreted and the force of the shiver.

In other words, the more badly you have to go, the bigger the shiver. Minor squirk produces no shiver.

Case re-close.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.