1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Upgraded Anthem AVM-20 2.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Marc_E, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Paul Gere

Paul Gere Second Unit

BRAVO, ANTHEM!
    Man, I just can't believe the new features in the upgrade - VERY cool! I had to read this thread again to be sure we were talking about just a software upgrade!!

I can honestly say I've never had an ownership experience in my HT hobby (or maybe even elsewhere) where the manufacturer kept making the product better and better - and such a thrill to own.

Thanks also to our beta testing friends. You'll be busy with Q&A once this thing rolls, me thinks. [​IMG]

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

So, with the new LFE crossover bypass option thing-a-ma-jig,
    if you set different crossover "values", per speaker set (front, rears, center) would you still be experiencing the holes and phase issues that were said to be happening?
    I know the LFE is seperate from just bass so would the answer be yes?

3. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Chris,

4. Matthew Woodley

All of you Beta-Testers are making me jealous!!

I just can't wait for the upgrade. It seems as though Anthem has done a lot of work to work with the Bass Management System and maxing out the potential of the unit.

Matthew

5. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Stunt Coordinator

I wish all you beta testers coulda kept this news to yourselves until the software was available.[​IMG] You don't know how painful it is to hear all this gloating and not be able to get your hands on it.[​IMG] Its no fun being an outsider.[​IMG] Think I'll just tune out for a few weeks.[​IMG] Somebody send me an email when 2.10 is available for the rest of us poor outsiders.[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Michael Mohrmann

Lots of unhappy faces on that last post! [​IMG] I am inclined to believe that Anthem should have held firm on the NDA until the release date. Too many possibilities to disappoint some people. I am excited at what AVM-20 owners will be getting soon, but maybe it is time to temper that enthusiasm until the actual release occurs and people have had a chance to review the updated owner's manual.

Michael

7. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Michael,

I am rather excited about the release of the new software that Anthem is releasing. It's almost like Christmas in July/August for me. Anticipation can be a positive experience. [​IMG]

It's quite alright for the Beta testers from this perspective to share their experiences. However, I do understand Wayne's and Matthew's thoughts on being an outsider!! [​IMG]

End users can learn a bit about what they are in for and know that the software will be tested by our own group here and as bug free as possible. That is a good thing!!!

Charles

8. Michael Mohrmann

Charles,

9. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Stunt Coordinator

Michael, I meant those unhappy faces in the most lighthearted way, just to show how eagerly I am anticipating the upgrade and my impatience, like a child waiting for a new toy. I should have concluded my post with a smilie face. [​IMG]
    By all means continue the discussions... foreplay is a very enjoyable part of the experience. [​IMG]

10. Matthew Woodley

Michael

Don't worry about my complaints. To be perfectly honest, I'm glad that Anthem has given you the opportunity to Beta Test version 2.10 along with various others. I can't think of anyone else who will put the Anthem through it's paces and provide excellent feedback to both the Forum and Anthem. I just hope that I will be able to soon enjoy some of the new features along with the rest of our fellow Anthem owners.

Regards,

Matthew

11. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Once again I have an off the subject topic, but alas, I can't help it as curiosity has me wondering with my fingers.
    I was wondering, for all you people who have the inside line to Anthem, if anyone has ever asked about the future of Sonic Frontiers? I know Anthem is their new thing, but is S F dead? Will they release anything under that line again? Home theater or not?

Just wondering if anybody knows..

Sorry.

12. Steve*MH

Steve*MH Stunt Coordinator

Great question. I hope someone out there has a possible answer. It seems that they still use the Sonic Frontiers name on the website, etc. It is now Anthem/Sonic Frontiers. What was going to be the Sonic Frontiers line of Home Theater products is now the Anthem Statement line which should be out in a couple of weeks I hope. So not sure what that means for the Sonic Frontiers line. I would hope that maybe it will revive itself as a "super" high end line of home theater and stereo products--to represent the best of the best to compete with the Mark Levinson, etc.

13. Michael Mohrmann

I am pretty certain that if anyone on this forum or thread had information about a release date for the Director, it would be posted in a flash. The fact that this information hasn't been posted means that Anthem is keeping this secret close to the vest, if such a release is ever going to occur. You would have better luck contacting Anthem - Sonic Frontiers - Paradigm directly and asking them.

As far as the Sonic Frontiers line is concerned, it may indeed return with new products, but once again I would contact the parent company, Paradigm, to see if they are willing to answer your question. I am not sure which direction Paradigm plans to take in the future.

Michael

14. Michael Mohrmann

It appears that Anthem is doing very little to squash the announcement of the upcoming v2.10 upgrade. Robert George posted over at AVS the following statement:

"...I was told by Anthem that the v2.10 update will be available Aug. 1st."

August 1st is a week from this Friday. It won't be long now! [​IMG]

Michael

15. James Gallup

James Gallup Agent

I had a problem on a display model V2.08 that I bought a few weeks ago and to anthems credit they sent me a brand new one with V2.10 software and while I certainly haven't done exhaustive testing it seems to be very stable and no issues yet. Great product and BTW, I'll have a REF50 in my system tonight nad will post a comparison in another thread[​IMG]

16. Michael Mohrmann

James,

Interesting that you received v2.10 with your replacement AVM-20. I am curious how long ago you received your AVM-20 with v2.10?

Michael

17. James Gallup

James Gallup Agent

Michael,

I received the AVM20 with 2.10 software last Wednesday.

18. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim

19. Michael Mohrmann

Jimmy,

20. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim