What's new

The upcoming Doctor Who DVD range! (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Couple of Doctor Who DVD titles (the original series) being released on Region 2 (source: Amazon UK):

Doctor Who: The Ambassadors of Death - Monday 1st October
Doctor Who: Claws of Axos: Special Edition - Monday 22nd October.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Ambassadors of Death should be full color for the first time since 1978 on this release.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lord Dalek said:
Ambassadors of Death should be full color for the first time since 1978 on this release.
I'm sure they will cover it on the DVD special features, but exactly how was the colorization done? Was it like the last Pertwee serial that needed colorization, which used both recovering the color information left on the Black and White recording, plus a colorization job done by Legend Films? Or was it something different, like using an NTSC videotape as the basis for the color?
I know that Invasion of the Dinosaurs had the one episode that wasn't recolorized, but did have some rudimentary color restoration done as a special feature.
Oh, and I'm looking forward to Vengeance on Varos SE. Probably the best Colin Baker serial gets an upgrade. Count me in.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TVSOD has come through with news on Shada in the last couple days...
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Shada/17623
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Shada/17636
January 8 release in the US, Three disc set, including the Fourth Doctor's incomplete serial, the Eighth Doctor's animated Shada, and the More Than 30 Years in the TARDIS documentary.
Although I found the news that The Tenth Planet and The Ice Warriors are getting the animation treatment to be of slightly more interest. I don't think there's ever been any news of that mentioned by a legitimate source before now.
Oh, and from other sources, we get the preliminary release schedule...
January - Reign of Terror w/two animated episodes to complete the serial
February - Ark In Space SE
March - Aztecs SE, Inculding the recently recovered Galaxy 4 episode
Nothing yet for April or May
June - Terror of the Zygons, and Spearhead From Space Blu Ray
So, with these in mind, that leaves Tenth Planet, Ice Warriors, and Mind of Evil as definitely coming but unscheduled at this time, and The Underwater Menace and The Moonbase as longshot candidates for animation. We're down to around a half-dozen Classic Doctor Who serials left before there are no more to be released.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, its been confirmed that both The Tenth Planet and The Ice Warriors will have their missing episodes animated. The Tenth Planet will have episode 4 animated by the same company that did the recently released Reign Of Terror. The Ice Warriors will have episodes 2&3 animated by a different company Galaxy 4 episode 3 'Air Lock' will be included as an extra on The Aztecs Special Edition. So the remaining stories are (not including Special Edition re-issues) - US dates March - Galaxy 4 episode 3 - also includes 'stills'&audio reconstruction of full story June - The Mind Of Evil (re-colored) July - Terror Of The Zygons Sept - The Ice Warriors (with two animated episodes) Late 2013 - The Tenth Planet (with one animated episode) That leaves only The Underwater Menace episode 2 as the last unannounced Doctor Who episode (currently know to exist). It probably will be an extra on a forthcoming 2013 release David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks