What's new

The Untouchables (1 Viewer)

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
Very happy to see this announcement! It's encouraging to see another CBS/Paramount series being finished off.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Great news that the fourth and final season of The Untouchables is being released on DVD. Have asked TVShowsOnDVD about whether the 1991 TV movie The Return of Eliot Ness would be included in the second volume of the fourth season DVD release. Their answer was that as CBS don't own the rights, it won't be included in the release. Would Universal or Warner own the rights to this TV film? On it's IMDb company credits page it says The Return of Eliot Ness' production company was Michael Filerman Productions and it was originally shown on NBC.

its about time thier releasing season4 of the untouchables now if they would get a move on with the other seasons of cannon and barnaby jones

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Great news on the horizon after all! Agree with Tim on those two titles also. It seems to me like most shows they release now are HD transferred so I wonder where that leaves those not handled so yet, but I suppose if HGWT looms too it's perhaps undergoing it as we speak. It's not a deal breaking picture quality factor to me though.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Releasing titles back to back seems to be a new strategy Paramount is using on their classic tv show releases. They released Perry Mason Season 6 in Oct and Dec. So far we have heard no word on a Season 7 for Perry Mason. That seems to suggest that either it has been abandoned or it will be released similar to the way Season 6 was released.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Great news on THE UNTOUCHABLES finally getting finished... and if half-season set dual releases are the new strategy, I hope this will accelerate things for RAWHIDE, if they haven't abandoned it.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Finally, I did not think this was ever going to happen. Can't wait to start watching. Even without Nelson Riddle scoring it.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I despise volume sets and will never buy them, but if they ever do a complete series set of this, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Duane Alford said:
I despise volume sets and will never buy them, but if they ever do a complete series set of this, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
I don't despise them so much as I have to worry about them from an economic standpoint. They seem overpriced. Some fun facts:
Going solely by Amazon prices, here's what you may (or may not) pay for the upcoming Dynasty Season 6: (I'll pick on Dynasty because it's my favorite) :D
Sold as a two-pack. Full retail: $79.99, or $46.99 with the pre-order price.
Or you can buy the individual volumes for $36.98 full retail or $26.93 with the discount.
Anybody see some really weird math? If you buy the half-season individually with the discount, they cost you $54. If you buy them both, they are only $46.99. HOWEVER, the full retail for the half-seasons combined would be $74 while the full retail for both combined is $80. Huh?? And I've noticed those weird pricings do not go away after the sets have been in release for a while. They just stay weird and I've honestly ended up buying these kinds of sets at a steep discount in the after-market from ebay or amazon sellers. Amazon's pricing (and I'm only picking on amazon; I haven't really checked other online outlets) is too confusing to bother with, and I end up feeling like somebody's cheating me when I order Paramount dvds from them directly.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kneeteartap /t/249252/the-untouchables/30#post_3923081
Gary , Is there any hope for more ONE STEP BEYOND volumes ?

Unfortunately, no. Early on, just a few months after the first season was released CBS had both Seasons 2 & 3 scheduled for release, but that was a couple of years ago. Once it got pulled it never showed back up on any projected schedule to the best of my knowledge. And it's not on this year's schedule according to my crystal ball.

Gary "but as always, anything is possible so don't give up hope" O.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Being the music on season 4 was not nelson riddle, I hope the studio we all know and love, does not monkey with it.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
well, here it is. The complete 4 seasons. I'd like to see how it is packaged.
http://www.amazon.com/Untouchables-Complete-Series-Walter-Winchell/dp/B007ZR9H64/ref=sr_1_18?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1337475995&sr=1-18

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Received Season 4 today. So happy to finally get the whole series. Season 4 has been a long time coming.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
disctrip said:
Received Season 4 today. So happy to finally get the whole series. Season 4 has been a long time coming.
I just received my copy today of S4 (V1 and V2). I plan to pick up S1, S2-V1 and S3 next year to complete my set. I am huge fan of the prohibition era and this show is classic tribute to that era of time

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched several episodes, especially ones with mike conners or carrol o'conner or John Lerch. Never seen the untouchables until i started watching this on dvd. I plan to pick up next year S1, S2-V1 and S3 to complete my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks