What's new

The UNTHINKABLE: A petition FOR "Best Of" boxsets (X-Files related) (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Since the show has ended and Fox will eventually still want to make money off of the show (as well as most studios) I think after the season sets are finished (not only with the X-Files but with other series shows as well)
Best of sets will be inevitable.

John Simon

Second Unit
You may very well be right, Blu. But I'm really hoping they'll either release the "Best Of" set simultaneously with the season box set, or they'll at least announce it at the same time.

Only time will tell...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Are you looking for best of in addition to the regular season set?

Either way you'll never get fans to agree on which episodes should be included, and Chris Carter would include only the mythology ones and that would probably alienate people.

Believe it or not I actually enjoyed many of the stand alone episodes from seasons 8 and 9, but also would like the complete mythology, so I want the full set.

The only thing I would petition for is a drop in price for the last two seasons to something more comparable to 'Buffy" and '24.' I mean, since we get less Duchovny we should get a discount, right?

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
I don't imagine Fox is going to stop releasing the season sets when there's only a few left in favor of best-of sets only. I'm sure they'll merely be supplemental. And as long as the season sets are available (and, as I understand it, they sell well, so they likely will remain available), I have no problem with best-of sets.

Blu

Screenwriter
That was my point, as long as I can buy a entire season at a time, I have no problems at all with best of sets. For any series or any studio.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fox US has taken a STRONG full-season only policy, and I applaud them after 20 years of the US being screwed.

If you want best-ofs, get yourself a region free player and buy them from Hong Kong(legit releases)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Either way you'll never get fans to agree on which episodes should be included, and Chris Carter would include only the mythology ones and that would probably alienate people.
That's not how they were released on VHS. The VHS sets were basically "best of" releases and they included plenty of one shot stories.

--Ian

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
I find it better to spend a little more to get every episode than to have someone who doesn't know me decide which are the "Best" episodes of a TV series. Season 6 of The X-Files is a good example of this. I strongly dislike "How The Ghosts Stole Christmas", but I know several people who find it one of their favorite episodes of that season. I really like "Monday" and "The Unnatural", but I know people who despise them. I rarely find any "Best of..." music CDs that have every song I want and have the same problem with VHS sets for TV series (leading me to never ever buying any of those sets). If people had a choice between a full season DVD set and a "Best of..." set, I think most people would buy the full season set due to 1-2 episodes that they like that are not present in the edited compilation.

I do think that Fox should try to lower the MSRP for the future X-Files sets since 1) other sets by FOX are much cheaper and 2) to encourage fans who don't care for these seasons as much to go ahead and buy them.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
This is a sure sign that petitions have long since lost their luster and effecitveness and are spreading like virii or baseless class-action lawsuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks