What's new

The universe (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Thanks for that. Always interesting. I am intrigued by the multiverse theory, where there may be bubbles of universes(?) clustered together.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
It sadness me to watch the magnificence of this in 6 mins and yet we have no power/capability to actually do this in 6mins. I'm afraid we're stuck here or many hundreds or thousands more years until such a space vehicle to get from Earth to Andromeda galaxy in less than a hour and back successfully if possible if not you'd be trapped out there in the vast emptiness of space.

But I also find it to be exciting. It has risks to it. Outside this planet there is no air no sound total nothingness. Make one mistake out there and its just one and all just plain curtains. Have to respect space and not take it for granted.

I doubt there be manned Mars landing frankly I think NASA has lost its nerve. Otherwise they'd done it years ago. A possible one way trip. How do you get back? Air is limited there. Not good. One mistake would be fatal. So how do they plan to get the team back? You need a lot of thrust to launch otherwise your stuck on the ground like a fly on flypaper. One way trip it looks like it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Pretty amazing. Shows that mankind, even the Earth itself is just a tiny speck of dust in the great cosmos.

For another view, watch the beginning of "Contact". Absolutely fantastic and really well done.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Here's a quiz for you: is the average human closer in scale to an atom or to the earth. Show your work. :)
Trick question?

Comment deleted by me, don't want to embarrass myself. Post on the internet and it lives forever.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks