What's new

The Unit (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Who else is looking forward to a release for this series? This is probably early to talk about, though it looks like it may get a second season, but I hope Fox releases a Season 1 release sometime this Fall. Next to "Numb3rs", this is the only other series I watch weekly on CBS.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I usually don't get to watch this, but of the one episode I've seen, I'll buy this in season sets in a heartbeat! I was looking forward to the premiere, and missed it.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The Unit an interesting show, and watchable much for its star power (ex-"24" co-star Dennis Haysbert as Jonas and former X-Files regular Robert Patrick as the Colonel). I wouldn't collect this though, as it's best seen just once per episode.

The gimmick is that it divides time between these military men who go on covert international missions, while their wives live in a government housing community...and the need for national security in the demand for these ladies to not be told the nature of those missions. Bob Patrick's affair with the wife of one of his men (contradicting part of what he warned the ladies), is interesting but the writers seem to be playing that out a bit much.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I guess recording them yourself and not putting it at the mercy of the whims of the studio would be out of the question. Too much effort.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Maybe for some people, but not for me. I frequently record classic (1970s, 80s, early 1990s Saturday Night Live shows) on DVD off-air in their entirety from NBC on Sunday mornings. If I wanted to collect The Unit I would disc-record that too, but I don't. ;)

LCD22

Screenwriter
The Digital Bits is reporting that Season 1 will be in full frame, and not anamorphic widescreen. Why?

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Full Frame? I don't believe it....damn. :frowning:
Guess if this is confirmed I will cancel my preorder and wait for a R2-release which will be in widescreen, hopefully.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
There's a good article in this week's TV GUIDE on series lead Dennis Haysbert, so be sure to check it out.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I never saw this. I was more of a fan of E-Ring when it was on (damn NBC :frowning:). Does this show compare at all they seem kind of similar at first glance.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Hmmm...

Didn't The Digital Bits falsely report that Season 1 of "NCIS" wasn't anamorphic widescreen? I dunno if it was them or not, but someone did.

I'd wait until we actually get closer.

Keep in mind, though, that this show is produced by Shawn Ryan, who also created "The Shield." That show has never been released in widescreen (except for one "longer" ep in Season 4 that was, oddly, in widescreen).

Perhaps widescreen isn't the manner in which he meant to have his show viewed. Yes...I know...I realize the show is offered in HD from CBS...but perhaps that isn't his intended aspect ratio...I dunno...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Fox often puts in the incorrect aspect ratio information on their press site. They did it for 24, and Angel, and probably a couple of others I can't think of right now. I've put in calls to tons of people at Fox, and I'll update you guys when I hear back, but I don't think this will be full frame.

Gord

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I want to know when The Unit's 2nd season premieres on CBS. Anyone know yet? I want to see who lives and who dies from that shootout at the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks