What's new

The Unit season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So what's the fallout after the ambush in last season's finale? Guess we'll find out in tonight's episode. 9 p.m. EST.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show has picked up right where it left off last season. I'm baffled by the lack of attention this show gets on HTF. Do HTFers boycott shows that actually do well in the ratings? ;) Given not only how good the show is, but with the Shawn Ryan/David Mamet collaberation, I would expect HTFers to be all over it.

Episode 2 with the rogue agent was one of the best of the series so far.

Is this show slated for a full 20+ episode season this time?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
CBS gave the official order for the "back 9" episodes. Ratings are very strong. I am most glad that they closed the chapter on the affair, that was an annoying storyline.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have to admit I was skeptical when I heard William H Macy was playing the president, but he really showed what a truly great actor he is...he nailed it. I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw William given Mamet's involvement. I feel like an idiot that I didn't even realize the Unit was behind the kidnapping until the reveal. Great episode.

mylan

Screenwriter
Yes, I love this show as well and had noticed it seemed to be getting no love on here just like another of my favorites, Criminal Minds. Its good to see David Palmour land on his feet after 24. I had a feeling it was a Unit kidnapping but I failed to see who was missing from the group until the reveal. Did you notice at the end when Macy said "foxtrot alpha" to something Blaine had said, to which I turned to my wife and said that was code for "f**king A".

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Actually, I was lost on that whole exchange. Macy said that, "foxtrot alpha" then Jonas responded with something which I can't remember what it was, but I had no clue what they were talking about.

mylan

Screenwriter
At the time I was picking up what they were putting down but at this moment I couldn't tell you verbatim but they were discussing whether or not this new dictactor was going to succeed in his coup. Surely someone else here watches and can shed some light.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Actually Jonas spoke first, saying 'cover your six.' ie, 6 o'clock, ie, your behindside. ie, your ass.
To which the pres replied 'foxtrot alpha.'

Basically, Jonas' assessment was that the Rajah was capable meeting of his goals, but equally capable of punking the US out at any moment. So if the pres backs this guy, it won't blow up in his face because of the Rajah's incompetence, but he'll need to be wary of a blindside.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Thanks for the clarification John. Wow, I never would have known that (never heard the expression, "Cover your six"). Is that military speak or something? And was Mylan correct in what "foxtrot alpha" refers to?

mylan

Screenwriter
Its all coming back, thanks John. I've heard the term "cover your six". It is military. I've never been in the military but i've read just about everything Tom Clancy's ever written, I have heard a few terms.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I too, had no clue to what "cover your six" meant. Thanks John, for the clarification.

I was never in the military either, but Mylan's explanation is what came to my mind when I heard that.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I'm not military, but it seems intuitive, and I've heard it used elsewhere by military 'types' be they actors or actual military personnel.
Makes sense, since they use the clock hueristic to communicate logistical info, "bogies 9 o'clock."

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
"Cover your six" is a fighter pilot term. Six on a clock dial represents your rear end when your facing twelve. IOW, be aware of any enemy behind you.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Love the show. I'm glad to hear others do to.
Jonas is just plain badass.
I loved the foxtrot alpha line too. I got it right away. My understanding is that was proper usage. Also, Foxtrot Alpha Charlie Kilo Similarly Charlie Kilo for clusterf....

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow. What a truly phenomenal episode this week. Possibly the best episode of TV this season for ANY show. Great to see Mamet regular Ricky Jay. Will be interesting to see how the Mack thing plays out. I'd hate to see his character leave the show, but I don't really see how that could possibly end well.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I feel like I'm talking to myself here, but oh well. What a finale. Even better than that episode I posted about two weeks ago. One of the better season finales I think I've ever seen. Almost had a "series" finale feel to it. I'm assuming the show will be back though?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks