What's new

THE UNINVITED ('44) Airing On TCM in January & March! (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The three best flicks about ghosts goes like this: THE UNINVITED ('44), THE HAUNTING ('63) and LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE. Honerable mentions: THE CHANGELING.

THE UNINVITED is going to be on January 22, 10:15 pm. I shoud have my Panasonic DVD Recorder/VCR by then and I'm putting this mother on DVD! Of that above list, I find it shocking this is still not out on DVD or even MOD.

And, if you miss the January showing, it'll be on again March 7th at Midnight.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've been waiting to see this for 12 years. It's been on TCM, but I've missed it. Bump the thread closer to time, please.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Get my slippers and a pizza!

I wish I could set up a recording now, but my new DVR software only goes out about nine days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I made a DVD-R of it a couple of years ago when TCM broadcasted it. One of my favorite ghost films.

Crawdaddy

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
My favourite all time ghost flick. I'll be setting my timer to record this. Wish it was out on bluray/dvd.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does the 2009 film of the same name, also a ghost story of sorts starring Emily Browning and Elizabeth Banks, have any relation whatsoever to this film? Just curious.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Does the 2009 film of the same name, also a ghost story of sorts starring Emily Browning and Elizabeth Banks, have any relation whatsoever to this film? Just curious.

Adam,

No, it's an entirely different film plot.

Crawdaddy

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It irks me when Hollywood reuses titles, especially when the films are 180 degrees from one another. I can't believe, when I was setting up that poll, that I actually had to put the dates on THE UNINVITED and THE HAUNTING. Show of hands, how many here were utterly disappointed in that 1999 CGI remake of THE HAUNTING? Aside from the house, which I thought was designed to maximum creepiness, the tale alone didn't event utter a single goosebump out of me. Am I right to assume Paramount owns THE UNINVITED? If that's true, then that would explain why none of us have it on an actually DVD.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chas in CT /forum/thread/306239/the-uninvited-44-airing-on-tcm-in-january#post_3762110

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Wow, nobody voted for THE CHANGELING? I thought that was a pretty solid ghost tale.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was let down by both The Haunting and The Changeling after all the praise I'd heard over the years. Haven't seen the other two. Will have to try and catch The Uninvited.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by SWFF

Wow, nobody voted for THE CHANGELING? I thought that was a pretty solid ghost tale.

Was that poll up for 2 days?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I noticed that. What's a good time frame to keep a poll going?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know, but I don't remember there being a poll when this thread started. If you added it later, I didn't know about it until it closed.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I didn't know you could add a poll after the fact. All of my polls start off life exactly the same time the thread does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks