What's new

The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection (1 Viewer)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I think that there will definetly be a vol.2 after the set selling out in 2 friggin' days! I would break it into diffrent sections:

Disc 1: The Horsemen

Disc 2; The Championships.

Disc 3: The Lost matches

So disc one would cover all the great angles and matches Flair had in which he was a horseman. Disc 2 would involve all his big title wins and the angles around them. Finally disc 3 would consist of all the rare matches that Flair fans hear about but don't see alot of. For example: HBK vs. Flair from 1991, Flair and HBK vs. Savage and Bret Hart from 92, Bret's house show match against Flair where Bret won the title. The Loser leaves town match with Mr.perfect and some other rare greats.

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
update- Canadians get screwed again because of rating boards. Two more months before it arrives in Canada.

"Our tentative street date for this title is January 27, 2004," says David Jacques of Koch Canada, Canadian distributors for World Wrestling Entertainment video products.
The reason for the delay is due to different regulations for videos distributed in Canada than in the States, according to Jacques. "The delay is due to our manufacturing structure and rating system (which can take up to 4 weeks)," he says. "The U.S. do not have to work with rating boards, hence why they are able to get their product out quicker."
link here :frowning:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
You all are helping me to prove my case that there is a lot of interest and material left for future volumes.

Heck, they could throw a Flair Vs. Carrie Von Eric match on there if they wanted to.

Flair Vs. Luger
Flair Vs. Savage
Flair Vs. Hart, in the WWF, and the Sould Out 1998 WCW match would be good.
Flair Vs. Scott Steiner from the Clash of Champions
Flair Vs. Bobby Eaton, 2 of 3 falls from the Clash of Champions
Flair/Sting Vs. Mutah/Funk, Halloween Havoc 1989
Flair Vs. Funk, Great American Bash 89
Flair/Arn Vs. Hollywood Blonds from the Clash of champions
and many many more that were already mentioned.

Perhaps we could even get Flair to comment on the issues surrounding Starrcade 1988, where Dusty Rhodes nearly had him job to Rick Steiner in under 5 minutes for the title. People wonder why Dusty was fired?

I believe I read that on this release there should be six easter eggs.

I'm impressed that the entire printed supply have sold out in 2 days, I wonder how many they printed? My friend preordered from a place and he went in to get it on release day and it was back-ordered, of course it did arrive the next day. I got mine day of release though.

TedT

Second Unit
I wouldn't mind seeing the feud with Ricky Morton (w/ promos) on a volume 2.

I also would like to see a full DVD worth of promos.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Casey, you're good...I had forgotten about half of those matches. It's cool when Kerry Von Erich comes into the Rumble, Flair gets this look on his face where you can tell he's hyped to be working with him for the first time in nearly a decade, even if its just for a few minutes. I also
just picked up the Shawn Michaels set from Hastings for 15.99, which is another (albeit smaller) treasure trove of good wrestling.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
dont ever expect to see the wrestlemania 8 match on a future Flair set, the trend they have with these wrestler theme sets is only put there winning matches on there.
Uh, didn't Flair lose the 2 out of 3 match with Steamboat at The Clash??

My biggest question is simply, how does the 92 Rumble, both sound(crowd noise) and picture wise, play on a home theatre today, and is it really COMPLETELY uncut??

John KB

Second Unit
AnthonyL, I got mine from amazon.ca and the funny thing is, the pre-order for the US import was cheaper than the pre-order for the Canadian version coming out in January!

I would have like to have seen more recent WWE stuff. Ric Flair has been absolutely hilarious this past couple of years!

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I totally forgot about this while I was out today. Although, I did get X2 early instead! :). Is there anything on the set about the Flair and Savage angle that lead up to Wrestlemania VIII? That was some great stuff! WOOOOOOOO!

AJG

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
All the matches are complete, including the Rumble. You won't be sorry if you buy it, especially since the WWE isn't likely to release Royal Rumble 1992 on DVD. Other than WrestleMania, the WWE doesn't feel the need to acknowledge their history on a regular basis.

Yes, Flair lost to Steamboat at Clash V, and Shawn Michaels lost the ladder match to Razor Ramon at WrestleMania X, but it is on his DVD. Trust me if the match is memorable enough, they'll put it on there win or lose.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Got this today, great DVD. Not every Wrestling superstar could have such a historic collection. Really enjoyed it.

Question, did anyone ever get the Hulk Rules 2-disc set? It also has a lot of matches. I'm not a huge Hogan fan but I kind of enjoy this collection of matches format. Is it worth it? You can get it pretty cheap these days. I just want to make sure the matches are full and not highlights.

And in the same regard, are there any other WWE DVDs like this you would recommend? I see Undertaker has some too, thoughts on his if you have them?

Thanks very much.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Doug, havent watched my hogan dvd in a while, but from what i remember the only match thats not in its entirety is the 1990 rumble, it shows it from the point hogan entered till the end. The other matches are complete minus some entrances on some of the matches.A good 2 disc set .Theres around 15 or so matches if i remember correct.:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hey Doug, also forgot to mention its worth noting this dvd includes the entire 1988 survivor series match, between hogans team versus million dollar mans team, that match alone runs a half hour !:)

I believe I read that on this release there should be six easter eggs.

Six are all that I found. Five promos and one little segment about the origin of his "Wooo!" (or "Whooo!") signature. Two eggs on each disc, all found by hitting the right and left buttons in different places on the various menu screens.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The Hulk Rules set is a really good DVD, the program is a bunch of self-serving B.S. but would you expect anything else? But, you buy it for disc 2, and for the rest of the matches on disc 1.

I recommend WWE From the Vault Shawn Michaels, WWE Mick Foley Hare Knocks and Cheap Pops (although I'd wait until specs are announced for the new foley DVD) and Stonecold Steve Austin, what? (only because it has a Steamboat/Austin match on it)
WWE Rey Mysterio 619 is an interesting DVD, I'm not a big fan of these programs, but this 1 has some good extras including Rey/Eddie Guerrero from Halloween Havoc 1997, a must see match.

I'd stear clear of the nWo DVD, only because it could've been so much better, they skipped from nov. 1996 until feb. 2002 for instance. I used to recommend HHH the Game because it included the match from Wrestlewar 89, but now that's on the Flair DVD, so its not worth it.

But my most recommended Wrestling set is not WWE. Get the wrestling gold box set, you won't regret it trust me.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Guys , youre not going to believe it , but last month i got the nwo dvd at k mart for 5 bucks !Ive seen other stores charge 24.99 for this !I would never pay that much for it, but if you have a 5.00 bin at your k mart its worth looking for.:emoji_thumbsup:

John KB

Second Unit
I noticed a glitch on DVD 3. Right after the Royal Rumble it stops and goes back to the main menu. It should continue on with feuds with Sting. If I scan through the end of the Royal Rumble, I can then get to the Sting segment.
Anyone else have this problem?

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
the BEST WWE dvd's are:

Bloodbath- Just for the steel cagee amtch between Magnum TA and Tully Blanchard ALONE.

Rey Mysterio 619-Some great lucha libre action.

Mick Foley: Hard knocks and cheap pops- two awesome matches where he fights Austin

From the vault:HBK

Hulk Rules- Until this Flair dvd this was the greatest WWE dvd ever.

Wrestlemania 2000- Has a 3 hour bonus disc with footage from Wrestlemania 1-15

Triple H: The game- Has the missing flair-steamboat match hat's not on the Flair one.

Best of Raw 1 and 2-Some classic moments from the height of the 98-99 wrestling boom.

Every ECW dvd- the greatest matches in ECW history. You can't go wrong with any of these. Buy them ALL.

Wrestling Gold boxset- Very few dvd's should onyl be bough for the commentary....this is one of them. I'd give this the best commentary track of 2001.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I thought the HHH DVD had the Flair/Steamboat Wrestlewar '89 match, which is one of the two Steamboat matches on the Flair set.

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
Triple H: The game- Has the missing flair-steamboat match hat's not on the Flair one.
I thought this match was the one at WrestleWar 89. If so, would it not be also on the Ric Flair DVD? Unless the Triple H DVD has the Chi-Town Rumble clash...

I am still in two minds as to whether to grab the Ric Flair set. I am a huge Steamboat fan. Would it be worth my while to get this just for the two Flair-Steamboat matches? Are the promos, interviews etc any good?

Gosh, I would kill for a Steamboat set on DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks