What's new

The Ultimate Jaws Experience! (1 Viewer)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Nils, I received an e-mail at 9:07 this morning that stated they are taking the optimistic view that the rain won't happen tonight and they are NOT postponing the showing.
But, since my date chickened out, I won't be going :frowning: , so I have my e-mail confirmation tickets for sale. Maybe I should scalp them;)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately I wont know until they announce the new showtimes.
I did hear from a friend who went to the only show that didn't get postponed (Friday night), and said that overall it was an amazing experience, but that they still had some glitches to iron out.
Apparently they needed more than the four large double decker party boats in order to ferry everyone out on one trip, this meant two trips. The problem with that is that the ferries are VERY slow, so by the time the last boat arrived and unloaded the last passenger into the water it was well past 10pm.
By the time the film was over, and all remaining survivors had gotten back on board and brought back to Carlos & Charlies it was nearly 2am and there was time only for one drink before the bars closed.
Not only that, but only one of the four boats had a bar, so there were quite a few who would have offered a left leg to Jaws for a stiff drink (of course a few participants thought they had already done so during the movie. :eek:
Bottomline, he loved it, and hopes it becomes an annual Austin tradition.
Now as far as you...
But, since my date chickened out, I won't be going
Is this the Rooster calling the Hen chicken (seems to me - you to are of the fowl variety) ;)
Couldn't take it without someone holding your hand Hank? Or was it that they weren't going to be serving "Tweety-Bird" popcorn? ;)
BTW: The report I got from my friend is that there were a lot of women in the group, many of whom where in need of male attention - so maybe you should hold on to those tickets and go to the postponed show, you might get lucky! ;)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
"The report I got from my friend is that there were a lot of women in the group, many of whom where in need of male attention - so maybe you should hold on to those tickets and go to the postponed show, you might get lucky!"

Hmmm...I'll watch my e-mail for a new announcement!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks