What's new

The Ultimate James Bond Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Rich
Wonder if Spectre is included at that price? If we finally get the special edition of QOS I may re-buy. I'm surprised they've pushed the price this low overall. I'm also hoping we get the remaining steelbooks.

Ronald Epstein said:
Another James Bond Collection has hit Amazon for 2016 release.

Dirt cheap. Perhaps the discs come in a paper bag.

</p> <div>

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Richard Fuchs said:
Wonder if Spectre is included at that price? If we finally get the special edition of QOS I may re-buy. I'm surprised they've pushed the price this low overall. I'm also hoping we get the remaining steelbooks.
Agreed the set is so low. Hard to believe. I'm sure new prints are coming with bond 25 in a few more years.

Mikey1969

Second Unit
Real Name
M. Fox
Unfortunately with the price the market being so low for these there is not much incentive for the studio to go back and do any sort of remastering on these for Blu ray. I suspect the next upgrade will get will be 4k. I guess in some ways were lucky that some of blu raysnat least look quite good, some look okay and only a few are a mess such as Goldeneye.

Osato said:
Agreed the set is so low. Hard to believe. I'm sure new prints are coming with bond 25 in a few more years.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ronald Epstein said:

</p> <div>
Will the set also include digital copies?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ronald Epstein said:

For anyone who hasn't already noticed this, the link Ron posted has now been updated by Amazon to reflect that the listing is for "007: The Daniel Craig 4-Film Collection." I knew that list price for all the films was too good to be true and I've cancelled my preorder.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
JakeLip said:
For anyone who hasn't already noticed this, the link Ron posted has now been updated by Amazon to reflect that the listing is for "007: The Daniel Craig 4-Film Collection." I knew that list price for all the films was too good to be true and I've cancelled my preorder.
I saw this as well. Thanks for posting.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Production designer Ken Adam has died. Bond hasn't really been Bond since he departed the series--his opulent but witty designs "branded" the series.http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35780260
I heard! He was so good at what he did. Loved his beautiful set designs! Moonraker is one of his best for sure!!
There are some behind the scenes home movies that he narrated in the blu Ray extras. So good. I love watching those.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
RIP Guy Hamilton, age 93. Lost another key member of the Bond team.

One of the very few Assistant Directors who went on to become a successful director. His best work was not in James Bond films. Man In The Middle and Funeral In Berlin, to take just two examples, are far better films.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Nolan? I sure hope not. Martin Campbell has right of first refusal, in my opinion. He's done a fantastic job of introducing the last two Bonds.

Tim Hiddleston would be okay, but I favor Aaron Johnson. Hiddleston's neck is too thin. Reminds me of Brosnan not being entirely believable in the more action oriented parts of his films (other than "Goldeneye" where he actually had a decent build). The physicality of the part must be taken into consideration after what Craig has done with the role.

Aaron-Taylor-Johnson-Io-Donna-Magazine-May-2014-Issue-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO.jpg

7e81803f3f5ae3e8b6cf9444ada17abc.jpg

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I don't believe that particular article (it states they offered him co-producer credit but he already had that on Spectre) but I still think he won't return.

There's an interview in YouTube between Mark Kermode and Sam Mendes where Mendes talks about how, during the Mexico City chase, they had to rewrite it to have Bond walking because it hurt too much for him to run (it's the part where all the police are lined up). Hearing something like that makes me think he'll call it a day...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks