What's new

The Typing of the Dead (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well I went to GameStop last night looking for just anything to buy as I am getting bored with just playing Mario all the time. They didn't have The Thing(XBOX) in, nor did they have SOCOM in(Much less the PS2 Networ Adapter). Well in honor of the DC 3rd birthday I decided to pick up some used DC games. I got Seaman for $7 and The Typing of the Dead for $7 also. Both are in like new condition. I did the day one Seaman routine and then immediately started playing The Typing of the Dead. What fun and frustration. It really has made me realize how pathetic in accuracy my typing is. If you have the Dreamcast keyboard I'd recommend picking up this title, its been a blast and I finally beat the arcade mode after about three hours(RSI* here I come!).

They also had Shenmue II for $35 but I passed on it with the Xbox version coming out soon.

*Repeatative Stress Injury

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
They also had Shenmue II for $35 but I passed on it with the Xbox version coming out soon.
You should grab it nonethless Kelley, The japanese track alone is worth it and the game looks phenominal on the DC. Not too mention the Xbox version will be supporting 5.1 in cut-scenes only:frowning:.(not a big deal really but a point worth noting).

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Ahh, The Typing of the Dead. I love this game. I bought it for the PC when it first came out and paid full price for it. You'd think I would be bitter now that it's about seven bucks in stores...

Heck no! What's your reward for typing away the dead? Horribly acted cutscenes that make no sense! Rocking! The only crappy part about the PC version is that you need a LAN for two-player, but I do agree it's fun.

Watching people run around with DC's on their backs is a hoot.

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased Typing of the Dead for the PC as well, and it is unique and fun. Thats right, a typing game is fun. If you see it for cheap, pick it up.
On second thought, demand to pay full price for it.
On third thought, just send your next paycheck to Sega.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I've been looking for Typing of Dead for cheap online and have not come across it. Do you think it would run under WinXP?

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I tried the demo when it came out and this game is hilarious! Surprisingly fun, too. Could this be the first educational title with a "M" rating?

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Andre, I can guarantee beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will run in WinXP. Quite well in fact ;).

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I tried the Typing of the Dead demo for the PC & loved it!
Great fun learning tool for brushing up on your typing skills.
I do have "House of the Dead 2" with light guns for the DC.
I would rather & hope to pick up the "Typing of the Dead" for PC.
Just for convenience sake.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks