What's new

The Two Towers.... in ENGRISH! (bad Hong Kong captioning) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Pretty funny, but why on earth don't they just obtain an english-captioned version from the studio?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
This is from a bootleg version. It first appeared on the internet back in February - well before the legitimate DVD.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
There should be warnings throughout: "Do not drink and open the links simultaneously."

David Baranyi

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that "engrish" is something that is found only in Japan. I never heard of the term applied to Chinese bootlegs.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm not familiar with this phenomenon at all, so can anyone shed light as to why an Asian bootleg would have English subtitles. Shouldn't it have subtitles in the whatever language of the country where it was produced? These look like fakes to me. Funny though. If they're really real, I wonder who wrote the subtitles. They obviously can spell English words fine, but apparently they're hearing-impaired.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Not to spoil your fun, but to add to David Baranyi comment earlier, the usage of the term "engrish" is rather insulting.

Nelson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks