What's new

The Twilight Zone (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
ColColt said:
Yep, women are like that. My ex-wife wouldn't watch anything but the Hallmark channel or Disney. Any shooting or blood and she went elsewhere.

It's sad Serling only lived to 50...what a mind he had.
My girlfriend will not watched anything that is black and white or is dated. She gets hung up on the clothes and/or that quality of the pictures. The issue is she rather watch "House" or "Batchelorette" or "Survivor" or other shows. I tried getting her into Twilight Zone, but did not have much luck. I also tried Night Gallery as well as Ghost Story and no such luck. That is ok with me as I still like the shows and to me that is all that matters!

ColColt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
My ex-wife was terrified of firearms. She wouldn't even come in the same room where I was if I was cleaning one of them. One day she had done some washing and was putting my socks away. I was in the living room and heard a blood chilling noise from her and went racing back to the bedroom to see what was wrong. She said, "There's a gun in the drawer!!" I said, "Well, take it out and stomp on it". So, she says," Noooo!! You do it. I ain't touchin' that thang!" :lol:

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the mind and the matter - a good thinker for us

real martian - interesting, similar in idea to the monsters on maple street

obsolete man - ouch, i would rank this right up with eye of the beholder. people talk about burgess meredith in the early one where he is the only one left on earth. but i think this one is by far more important in depth.

i recall tz from a kid as having lots of shows with meanings. the first ones seemed to have only a few with real meanings. the rest of them just interesting surprises.

but lately, it seems more of them are having some deeper thought to them - more like i recall.

i am interested to see what the last 3 seasons bring.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i have viewed the first 5 episodes of season 3 - two, the arrival, the shelter, the passersby, a game of pool.

all have had something deeper to discuss - this is how i recalled it.

thru most of the first 2 seasons, they had sprinklings of deeper shows, along with others that just had interesting twists, for entertainment.

it appears as if they are working harder to have meanings in the episodes that go beyond just entertainment !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the mirror - another good thinker

the grave - well, i guess they cant have good ones all the time. this was almost dumb - certainly the worst episode i have seen yet.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
it's a good life - i recall it well when i saw it as a kid - but not really a very good episode, looking at it with adult eyes.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
deaths-head revisited was good

but i found midnight sun, still valley, and the jungle to be weak - too much of this magic.

return to better writing soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Midnight Sun is one of the best episodes IMO. And of course there's the bonus of how great Lois Nettleton looks in a slip. :)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
once upon a time - was rod serling taking drugs on this one ?

this is so ridiculously stupid, it does not deserve the title of twilight zone.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
looking for an exit - kinda dumb, again.

this disc has been the worst for me, by far.

i dont recall the name of susan harrison, but i thought she was very pretty - the best part of the episode !!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jimmy, you seem to have the exact opposite taste of me. I love The Grave, It's A Good Life, The Midnight Sun, The Jungle & Five Characters In Search Of An Exit and I hate The Mirror. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"The Mirror" isn't my favorite but I appreciate it's intent. Zircee's review of it in his book is one of the most laughable pieces of tripe I've ever read (he takes it upon himself to defend the honor of Fidel Castro).

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi travis,

i tend to like the ones that have deeper meanings, that we can have life-conversations about.

quality of mercy - this one brought tears to my eyes. nothing like standing in someone else's shoes to get a new perspective.

another one that goes right along with eye of the beholder.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
"The Mirror" isn't my favorite but I appreciate it's intent. Zircee's review of it in his book is one of the most laughable pieces of tripe I've ever read (he takes it upon himself to defend the honor of Fidel Castro).
My problems with The Mirror are that it's cheap looking (that might sound like an unfair criticism when we're talking about a 1960's TV show but it's supposed to be in a different country so they needed to open up the scope to a little more than 2 rooms/sets) and I find it heavy handed.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
TravisR said:
Jimmy, you seem to have the exact opposite taste of me. I love The Grave, It's A Good Life, The Midnight Sun, The Jungle & Five Characters In Search Of An Exit and I hate The Mirror. Different strokes for different folks. :)
I'm with you on those episodes. It's funny how someone's favorite episodes are someone else's least favorite. I guess it shows Twilight Zone had something for everybody.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
nothing in the dark - i recalled this one - a very good one

yea, 2 really good ones in a row.

if i had to name a weakness about the show itself - it would be the variability of the quality of the episodes.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
On days like this one has been, when this whole world gives me a headache, I always think back on the episode "A Stop at Willoughby." Point me to that train station.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
DaveHof2 said:
On days like this one has been, when this whole world gives me a headache, I always think back on the episode "A Stop at Willoughby." Point me to that train station.
That episode is a masterpiece, IMO.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
David_B_K said:
That episode is a masterpiece, IMO.
The message is still relevant today and that is getting to focus on career and not having the right work life balance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks