What's new

The Twilight Zone (1 Viewer)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thanks for the tip! For those interested, the complete Dick Van Dyke Show on blu-ray is $47.78 including shipping!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I got an order confirmation. Also picked up 10 Commandments ultimate for $10.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i put twilight zone on hold for quite awhile, while i watched a few other series.

but i am starting back. just watched the prime mover.

pretty good story about greed and what it can do to us. but also, in this case, what we can learn, if we listen to ourselves.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are so many good episodes and that is what makes Twilight Zone so good!! I watched the episode where the national guard crew are transported back to Custard and the battle of bighorn. The soldiers made a decision to either stay and fight or return to their era. It is amazing plot as well and the ending is what really gets you thinking on making decisions!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the silence

yikes, that not only had a couple of twists, but gave us a lot to think about !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
shadow play - not too crazy about this one. there was no basis in reality about it.

ColColt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Although I loved the TZ episodes and probably have seen them all at least twice, I think Serling's crowning achievement was in Night Gallery...more scary than a lot of his sci-fi TZ episodes.

I especially like the one, "Escape Route". I believe it was from Season One, segment 3. That was just eerie the way it ended.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
ColColt said:
Although I loved the TZ episodes and probably have seen them all at least twice, I think Serling's crowning achievement was in Night Gallery...more scary than a lot of his sci-fi TZ episodes.

I especially like the one, "Escape Route". I believe it was from Season One, segment 3. That was just eerie the way it ended.
Night Gallery is very good, especially some key episodes like they are tearing down Tim Riley's bar or deliveries in the rear or the last of druids, etc.

Rod Sterling was not given enough credit for his work, especially his creativity on the stories. Hollywood lost something when Rod Sterling died and I am not sure anthology TV has been the same since. Yes. the new outer limits tried with some very good stories, but the reality Twilight Zone and Night Gallery are in a league of their own.

ColColt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Boris Karloff did an admirable job of bringing "Thriller" to TV as well. One memorable episode starred William Shatner in, "The Grim Reaper". I remember that one scaring me to death.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
ColColt said:
Boris Karloff did an admirable job of bringing "Thriller" to TV as well. One memorable episode starred William Shatner in, "The Grim Reaper". I remember that one scaring me to death.
Funny...this one terrified my wife so much that she quit watching about three quarters of the way through and she refuses to watch this episode again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shatner's Grim Reaper said:
Funny...this one terrified my wife so much that she quit watching about three quarters of the way through and she refuses to watch this episode again.
Hence, your User ID, huh?!? :biggrin:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I like the episode with William Windom as the soldier that is trying to escape their containment. The episode is very well done!!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the major reasons I upgraded to blu when Amazon had a good deal on the series was the inclusion of The Time Element.

I was always very disappointed Image didn't include that on the "Definitive" box sets.

And speaking of Twenty Two and the videotape era, the videotaped episodes have a couple that I really enjoy... Static and Long Distance Call.

Also in that stretch is another favorite, The Odyssey of Flight 33.

Since becoming a Doctor Who fan, I've felt that the classic Who serial Time Flight "borrowed" a lot from Odyssey, but didn't quite do as much with the premise as it could have, or as much as Serling did.

ColColt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Shatner's Grim Reaper said:
Yep, women are like that. My ex-wife wouldn't watch anything but the Hallmark channel or Disney. Any shooting or blood and she went elsewhere.

It's sad Serling only lived to 50...what a mind he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks