What's new

The Twilight Zone-Update? (1 Viewer)

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I've managed to hold out this long for Season Sets,
and believe it or not I may hold out for the eventual HD release.
(an HD release has been alluded to btw)

These are run regularly on SciFi, so I won't be missing much.
In the end it will most likely come down to funds on hand.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The new high definition transfers from the original negatives, in my opinion, would be reason enough to double-dip on this set, but with all the extras mentioned, I just can't imagine why anyone would settle for less, even if they already own it. Gotta have this set!!!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to wait until all 5 seasons are out in 2006 and then wait to find them for cheap somewhere.

This IS however wonderful news. :)

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Anyone have any ideas as to which online retailer may have the least expensive price for the first season?.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese

I hear ya buddy. And if this were any other television show besides X-Files I would take a pass till HD.

However the Twilight Zone is my favorite television show followed by X-Files, and I'll be more than happy to triple dip when the show is on HD.

Besides, I have no intention of touching either one of the two HD formats until one has emerged victor. Therefore, between now and when the the HD format war is over (Image may or may not wait till there is a winner before releasing television shows on an HD format) I'm fairly confident that I will have gotten my money's worth.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
The lowest price that I've been able to find thus far is $78.99 (standard shipping via USPS brings the total to $83.99) at SuperDuperClub.com:
http://store.superduperclub.net/ime-d2439d.html

By early December (if not sooner) every online dvd vendor should have their asking price up. I'll wait till then to determine who has the best deal.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
How bad are the 'old' box sets?
I just snagged an impulse buy of set #1 for $40, so I was pretty happy with myself until I saw this post days later. I didn't open it yet so I could return it; but I'm contemplating making this the first entry on my HD/Bluray list.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
They're not bad, but will certainly will pale in comparison to the new sets. I sold all 5 of my 9-disc collections back in March when I heard they were being done in season sets. First of all, they won't look and sound as great as I'm sure the definitive seasons will. Secondly, being a long-time TZ diehard, these special features (like audio commentaries with original cast and crew + the teasers!!) are going to be something new to hang onto, just when you thought you'd seen all there was to see of TZ. Third, it will be nice to have more episodes per disc than just three. They tried to theme all of the 3 episode per disc volumes, but I think this just fell flat in the end. Too many times I found myself having to change discs again after only having watched one episode. It will be nice to have the first (and easily the best) season all in one package to see how the show progressed. I am very much looking forward to these, even at a higher price point than I had hoped for.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
What do you make of these comments on the upcoming Season 1 set, posted at Amazon.com:
quote:THERE IS STILL ANOTHER TZ SERIES SET AFTER THIS ONE>>> READ, November 3, 2004

Reviewer: Jeffrey W. Zentner (Rialto, Ca.) - See all my reviews

Here is a warning for those that are tempted to buy this set as soon as it comes out... DON'T!!!! The reason why I say this is rather simple and straight forward. CBS is ALSO releasing a TZ series set that they will be advertizing through infomercials. Why do I know this? My friend is working on the project and his job is to gather stars of the show for interviews that will be added to the special extras portion of the DVD's. I would suggest waiting for this set to come out. If you don't believe me, go to http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?timriley.html&2 and look at the memo written by Carol Serling. She mentions that CBS is releasing the set again. THIS IS NOT THE SAME PROJECT AS THE ONE HERE. I think CBS will have the better deal, and they plan to release the entire series as one set. You will have many interviews with the stars commenting on their episodes with actual video. This does not appear to be the case with this set. It seems that they only have audio commentary. My friend says they have more than 30 interviews with cast so far, with many more to come. I think its worth waiting for. But the choice is up to the buyer, of course. But you've been forewarned.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
What you're saying is (somewhat) incoherent to say the least and the weblink that you've provided only connects to an online discussion on the ROD SERLING'S NIGHT GALLERY (NBC 1970-73) episode "They're Tearing Down Tim Riley's Bar" (20/01/70).

What does this have do with the warning that you're trying to convey? I don't see any commentary by Carol Serling to be found. Where's it supposed to be?

Could you provide more precise information about the other DVD release of THE TWILIGHT ZONE (CBS 1959-64) that will (supposedly) be handled by CBS?

Will it be made available through online retailers like Amazon?

Proof! We need PROOF here! And more information!

Jeff T.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Jeff, I'm not saying anything, and am not trying to convey any warning.

I was simply looking at the Amazon.com listing for the DVD set and noticed the recent post that I quoted above. You can see it yourself at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...l/-/B00068NVMK/

I can't tell you any more about it. That's why I asked "what do you make of this?" to see if others had any further insight.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Another Amazon reviewer, N. Stock from Austrailia, posted this on there as a rebuttal to Zentner's:

>> To correct one mistaken November 3rd post by Jeffrey W. Zentner-there is NOT another DVD version of The Twilight Zone series coming out after this one. The memo that Jeffrey mentions,written by Carol Serling on 6/10/2004 at The Night Gallery site,is actually about this new set. The new interviews that his friend has told him about is for series two of these new sets of The Twilight Zone.

So fans,please ignore his comments as they are wrong.

-

I will be getting these. The price is high, but I love the show, there are episodes I've never seen... and it's not a double-dip for me.

My parents have always loved it, too. I remember how we excitedly watched/re-watched episodes back when the Twilight Zone Companion came out, and a local station in Vegas started running them...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
It's getting hard to wait for these. I only wish the first set was being released before the holidays, when I will have some time off to watch them. Damn you, people! Make the release date a week earlier!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks Dax.

Strange, I don't see that rebuttal review on Amazon when viewing all the customer reviews.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
It's the last one (er... first one) when you select 'all reviews'. Think it's dated earlier than the doomsaying post, but the guy must have come back to edit it...

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
quote:Originally posted Dane Marvin

It's getting hard to wait for these. I only wish the first set was being released before the holidays, when I will have some time off to watch them.

Ditto.

Mayhap e-tailers will send out the sets before the release date for those who preorder.

In fact it's not uncommon for an e-tailer to ship out home video merchandise a week before the release date for customers who preorder.

We'll see.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
We're a month away.... any new details? For example, which episodes will feature commentary tracks, isolated music, etc. ..? Surely somebody out there knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks