What's new

The Twilight Zone Season 4 and 5 (1 Viewer)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
And Celia Lovsky, who played T'Pau in the same ST episode, appears in TZ S5's "Queen of the Nile".

Doug

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Usually THE STARS OF THE (TWILIGHT) ZONE CONVENTIONS are held in the West Coast so this is a rare opportunity for those on the East to attend one of these gala events in tribute to a great, landmark 1960s fantasy anthology tv series.

I highly recommend it to any one who has the (once-in-a-lifetime) opportunity to do so.

Keep in mind that many of these former film and tv stars (now shamelessly ignored by today's youth conscious industry) are in their advanced years and TZ was but one of their many work assignments when these (extraordinary) talents were in their prime.

In approaching them always exercise the utmost respect and it certainly wouldn't hurt to let them know just how much their work is appreciated. If they maintain genuine memories of their guest appearances on THE TWILIGHT ZONE fine but don't press the issue with them.

If possible purchase yourself an autographed still which will make an excellent momento of your meeting.

Above all else have a great time of it. I just may attend myself!

And yes Ed Nelson and Tim O'Connor (two of my personal favourites) are still very much alive and well...thank goodness!

Jeff T.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Tim O' Connor's later years acting on TV I saw him were wasted mostly in small character roles in sitcoms, although he did play a ruthless businessman in an episode of CANNON once.

Ed Nelson was also great on 2 episodes of The Fugitive he did.

I know he was on Peyton Place, but being in my 30s, a guy, and that I never got into prime-time (or even daytime) serial drams (a.k.a. "soaps"). I could never get into that show even when USA Network was airing reruns in daytime in the 1980s.

Notice the above shows are listed without using boldface for the titles or actors' names. ;)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Have all of the TZ sets. I always meant to get the series peacemeal on those single discs but when I started getting ready the definitive editions were anounced.

Overall the transfers are amazing and we can see things we are not supposed to notice. Like, take a look at Purple Testiment on season 1. You will notice that most of the actor's five o'clock shadows are painted (stippled) on with makeup.

Someone talked about seeing the makeup on Nimoy's eyes in Star Trek. What I always see are the molding seams on his pointed ears :)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If anything Season 4 and 5 is good for having Twilight Zone's best and longest running title sequence: "OBJECTS IN THE VOID!"

More outragous than the hypnovortex, more sedate than The All Seeing Eye From Hell, and much much less tacky than Rocks/Cave, ye olde Creepy Door dominated Thursday and Friday nights for 64 episodes. What a run.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Oooh, I've gotta disagree with you there, Joel (fellow Portlandite). I'm a big fan of the season 1 opening (rock formations, etc)... it's also the only TZ opening with Bernard Herrmann's excellent theme music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks