Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

The Twilight Zone (2019): Season One DVD Review
twilozonetop-1024x683.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Great review, Matt. I feel like you did a very accurate job at capturing what works and what were missed opportunities.

To me, the biggest problem is that they don’t use Peele as a writer. He shares a story credit with a few others on one episode and that’s it. Between his two theatrical films and his Key & Peele show, he’s one of the most distinctive voices working today, and whatever the reasons were, it’s a shame that the show is only using him as window dressing. Had he taken a stronger authorial role in the process, like Serling with the original, I think we could have had something truly special here.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Great review, Matt. I feel like you did a very accurate job at capturing what works and what were missed opportunities.

To me, the biggest problem is that they don’t use Peele as a writer. He shares a story credit with a few others on one episode and that’s it. Between his two theatrical films and his Key & Peele show, he’s one of the most distinctive voices working today, and whatever the reasons were, it’s a shame that the show is only using him as window dressing. Had he taken a stronger authorial role in the process, like Serling with the original, I think we could have had something truly special here.
Yeah, in one of the bonus features, one of the producers discussed how limited his time was on set during the production of the first season: basically a few days about five weeks into the shooting schedule to do his intros, and then came in during the production of the last episode since he plays a key role in that story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks