1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Review The Twilight Zone (2019): Season One DVD Review

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matt Hough, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
  2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Great review, Matt. I feel like you did a very accurate job at capturing what works and what were missed opportunities.

To me, the biggest problem is that they don’t use Peele as a writer. He shares a story credit with a few others on one episode and that’s it. Between his two theatrical films and his Key & Peele show, he’s one of the most distinctive voices working today, and whatever the reasons were, it’s a shame that the show is only using him as window dressing. Had he taken a stronger authorial role in the process, like Serling with the original, I think we could have had something truly special here.

Doug Wallen and Matt Hough like this.
  3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Yeah, in one of the bonus features, one of the producers discussed how limited his time was on set during the production of the first season: basically a few days about five weeks into the shooting schedule to do his intros, and then came in during the production of the last episode since he plays a key role in that story.