What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Dee Zee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
Watched 3 Worlds of Gulliver last weekend. Great PQ although the film itself is a bit clunky. Wished they had flipped the script or edit to have the small Gulliver first and then the giant Gulliver last. But your mileage may vary. Thanks TT for another high quality blu-ray.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Fate Is The Hunter today. Fabulous transfer. I'm very pleased.

I came across a film I'd never heard of this afternoon: I Love Trouble. Apparently it's an old Columbia film from 1948 which, I assume, means it's now a Sony title. Written by Roy Huggins, it's a private eye story with a dazzling cast. Is there any chance Twilight Time could put out a Blu-ray disc?

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
I came across a film I'd never heard of this afternoon: I Love Trouble. Apparently it's an old Columbia film from 1948 which, I assume, means it's now a Sony title. Written by Roy Huggins, it's a private eye story with a dazzling cast. Is there any chance Twilight Time could put out a Blu-ray disc?

I'd love to see a proper release of that !

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'd love to see a proper release of that !

Very strangely, when Sony put out those Film Noir box-sets on DVD a few years ago, they did not include this film although
several of the titles they did include were not really film noir at all. I wonder if there is some problem with the elements of I Love Trouble.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Add me to the list for I Love Trouble. Great film with Noir favs Janis Carter and Adele Jergens.

This was what alerted me to I Love Trouble:

I Love Trouble 2.jpg

As is obvious, despite the title, this is not a comedy!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ordered mine around 4pm 1/4/17 from Screen Archives but the status is still pending.
Mine also, as it always is. I've never had a timely shipment. What is SA's criteria for who gets their movies first?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mine also, as it always is. I've never had a timely shipment. What is SA's criteria for who gets their movies first?

P.S. to my own post -- For the first time (for me), SA actually sent TWO FOR THE ROAD and MAD MAGICIAN out several days before their official "street." Credit where credit is due, although tracking says not to expect it until Tuesday.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
P.S. to my own post -- For the first time (for me), SA actually sent TWO FOR THE ROAD and MAD MAGICIAN out several days before their official "street." Credit where credit is due, although tracking says not to expect it until Tuesday.

Shipping timeliness aside, I've bought all my Twilight Time discs (40 Blu Rays and 2 DVDs) from SAE over the past eighteen months, and their packaging has been routinely excellent; better than any of the several other outlets from which I regularly purchase.

Packaging is especially important for multi-hop international transit - and I've unfortunately experienced several crushed shipments from less diligent suppliers.

[Edit: tightly taped with bubblewrap, encased in a snug-fitting, sturdy box, which prevents movement of contents within the box. So easy to do, yet most merchants opt for the bubble-lined envelopes, which crush easily]

Last edited:
Reactions: PGB

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Shipping timeliness aside, I've bought 40 Twilight Time Blu Rays and 2 DVDs from SAE over the past eighteen months, and their packaging has been routinely excellent; better than any of the several other outlets from which I regularly purchase.

Packaging is especially important for multi-hop international transit - and I've unfortunately experienced several crushed shipments from less diligent suppliers.

Yes, bubble wrap helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks