What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had over $250.00 in discounted titles in my cart before I pared it down to these:

1 HEAVEN AND EARTH (1993 / REGION A ONLY) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 SOLOMON AND SHEBA (1959) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 PLACES IN THE HEART (1984) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $8.95
1 JANE EYRE (1944) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $7.95
1 LENNY (1974) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 BORN FREE (1966) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 GARDEN OF EVIL (1954) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $22.95
1 SALVADOR (1986) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
1 HOUSE OF BAMBOO (1955) (SPECIAL PROMOTION) $14.95
SubTotal: $144.50

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Made one order and got "In Like Flint", "Bunny Lake Is Missing", "Solomon And Sheba" and "The Rains Of Ranchipur." Tempted as I am to make a second order, I'll probably pass.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I already have most of the ones I would have ordered from previous orders. However, I did manage to get The Bounty and Night of the Generals.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Gave in and went back for one more dip with "Jane Eyre", "World Of Henry Orient", "Violent Saturday" and "Cat Ballou". The bank is now closed!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Code

Great list. So "Our Man Flint" was never part of the sale even though you can see it in the advertisement for the sale. "In Like Flint" was included until it sold out.

upload_2016-11-17_16-17-57.png

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO! / THUNDERBIRD 6 and A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS are SOLD OUT.
Charles Bronson in THE MECHANIC is down to 25 copies remaining.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So happy I got Nicholas and Alexandra at the last sale. My finger is still on the order button for some more stuff right now.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
And I remember when people said they were crazy for not making this a 5,000 copy title. Its just another sign of how small the blu ray market really is now especially for non-horror catalog titles.

True, but these are pretty pricey for catalog titles. And they are not available anywhere accept the two boutique sites. So they must seem like an oddity to anyone but the enthusiast.

If Man for All Seasons sells 3,000 through this method, surely it would do over 10,000 if it launched at Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
True, but these are pretty pricey for catalog titles. And they are not available anywhere accept the two boutique sites. So they must seem like an oddity to anyone but the enthusiast.

If Man for All Seasons sells 3,000 through this method, surely it would do over 10,000 if it launched at Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

A friendly observation: I can't think of a single catalog title of that vintage, other than the GONE WITH THE WINDs of the world, that would move more than 10,000 units in this day and age--and I'm not sure GWTW would, either, if rereleased in some fancy new form.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
A friendly observation: I can't think of a single catalog title of that vintage, other than the GONE WITH THE WINDs of the world, that would move more than 10,000 units in this day and age--and I'm not sure GWTW would, either, if rereleased in some fancy new form.
Where do you get sales numbers for individual titles? I've often wanted to know. Like the restorations of Spartacus and My Fair Lady from last year, for example.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

There is no way A Man for All Seasons would sell 10,000 units if sold mainstream. Catalog titles do not sell that volume which is why the studios have stopped releasing them. There are some titles that probably do sell those numbers like Jaws, The Wizard of Oz, Disney Animation etc. But 3,000 units seems to be the realistic number for pressed units in today's market. Outside of collectors, catalog titles are not selling.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
There is no way A Man for All Seasons would sell 10,000 units if sold mainstream. Catalog titles do not sell that volume which is why the studios have stopped releasing them. There are some titles that probably do sell those numbers like Jaws, The Wizard of Oz, Disney Animation etc. But 3,000 units seems to be the realistic number for pressed units in today's market. Outside of collectors, catalog titles are not selling.

How much do they sell? We can conclude they do sell 3,000 copies, when priced at $30.00 and only available through TT. What do the ones sell that are priced much cheaper, and are available in mass markets such as Amazon and Best Buy? Or the Criterion titles, for example?

I would think more than 3,000 (based on sheer price curve theory), but I threw the number 10,000 out there and it seems to be causing the vapors. I'm just wondering what a really solid, competitively priced catalog release sells these days.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
I've often wondered that, too. Prices of back catalogue titles from different companies seem to vary wildly. Take Universal's recent release of It Came From Outer Space 2D/3D for example; that was very, very cheap. Does the low price mean they're selling it at a loss - it would be interesting to know how many copies that title sells.
Please don't think I'm complaining about TT's prices, but at $30 a pop I have to be a bit selective, and that goes for anyone's releases in that price bracket, considering my retirement income. Mr. Bannon makes a good point.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
i'd like to buy April Love but i'm not sure if i should wait for a European release with english subtitles that i need (like A month in the country that got one).
Dilemma....:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks